C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Preparing for upcoming shows/meets

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 AM
achris44
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preparing for upcoming shows/meets

Good evening,
After returning from Bloomington Gold I have taken a few week hiatus from my 63. I will start working through the issues/deductions that I need to resolve prior to Lone Star Regional (late Oct.) next week.
If you have shown lately, would you please share with us (or me via PM if you'd rather) deductions you received that you were unaware were an issue until judging. Note: This is not meant to be a pot stirring thread. I have minimal details to adjust based on some lessons I learned and want to research and incorporate other corrections as well if deemed correct and doable.
For example, I know the spinner/wheel index issue has been beaten to death but, even so, I took a deduction for not having my spinners clocked correctly at Bloomington. So I will easily correct them to be randomly clocked the same "right" way.
Another example, I found out that my expansion tank overflow should run behind the hood brace (VIN <8,000). I didn't get a deduct for being in front but I'm going to fix it anyway.
My "worst" issue is paint, from the too good perspective. I enjoy the factory jobs on survivors but am just going to take the deducts there except for a few overspray areas I want to improve.

What could you share that I may want to look over based on surprises at your recent meets; local, regional, national, BG, Carlisle (upcoming)?

I feel blessed by this site and its members--becoming active in this hobby came along at just the right time for me in more ways than one. Thanks guys and ladies.CP

Quick Reply: Preparing for upcoming shows/meets