C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Looking for a certain type of Brake Check Valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Xellossnut
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a certain type of Brake Check Valve

My husband and I own a 63 split window vette and we are looking to do some modest improvements on the engine. When we got it the engine was a mess.

we have since put a new manifold, carb, fuel pump, valve covers and a few other minor things on it.

He is now looking for a certain type of Brake Check valve for it. One that is Chrome and has actual Treads rather then just the little ridges that ones find on the brake valve that hold a hose in place.

something similar but not exactly as to what is on the jegs parts place website.

JEGS Performance Products 631041 - JEGS Brake Check Valves

He knows there is something out there like that cause we were at a car show and he saw exactly what he wanted on another corvette that was there. He wants to put - AN fittings on there to make it look pretty and match some of the other AN fittings we have.

He said that the AN stands for the Army Navy fittings they use. I just know they are the blue and red looking things.

I haven't been able to find anything and the owner of the vette at the show was not there so we could ask him where he got them.

Or if he had to make them himself. My husband is capable of making what he needs if push came to shove but he would prefer to find something already made so its a cleaner look.

Would anyone happen to know if such a thing exists? And possible knows where to find such a fitting?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:01 PM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

I spent quite a bit of time looking for a decent looking check valve and never came across one as you describe. I would imagine it was home made.

Quick Reply: Looking for a certain type of Brake Check Valve