C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1956/57 radio speaker

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

Default 1956/57 radio speaker

What's the approx. value or desire for the subject speaker. I have one and was wondering what to ask for it. I also have a generator with the tach drive. Thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 06:31 AM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 563 Likes on 337 Posts

Joe,

Is it just the speaker, or is it the entire Power pack? Big value difference.

The generator value epends on what it really is. Is it truly a Corvette generator, or a Passenger car generator with the Power Steering pump missing. What is on the tag? But remember, the tag is just the main case. The Drive End frame and Commutator End frames are different between Corvette and Passenger car. The pulley is important too. Several variations between years.

Some info on this page may help ID the generator you have......
http://home.comcast.net/~richmz/site/?/page/Chevrolet_Generator_Rebuild_and_Restorat ion

Rich
Old 07-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by rich5962
Joe,

Is it just the speaker, or is it the entire Power pack? Big value difference.

The generator value epends on what it really is. Is it truly a Corvette generator, or a Passenger car generator with the Power Steering pump missing. What is on the tag? But remember, the tag is just the main case. The Drive End frame and Commutator End frames are different between Corvette and Passenger car. The pulley is important too. Several variations between years.

Some info on this page may help ID the generator you have......
http://home.comcast.net/~richmz/site/?/page/Chevrolet_Generator_Rebuild_and_Restorat ion

Rich
Thanks for your reply. The speaker has the power pack with the speaker. Don't know if it works but it is in very good looking condition. The generator has the tach drive assembly attached. It is from a 57 vette. Can you tell me estimated value on both assemblies. thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:14 PM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 563 Likes on 337 Posts

Joe,

The power pack is a rare item but needs to be verified that it's Corvette and if 6V or 12V etc. I really don't know much about value of these, so based on what exactly it is will help. Maybe Ebay comps for value?

The generator really needs full detailed ID for value. If it came from a '57, it could still be a Pass car gen. Need more info before anyone could give any value advice.

Some detailed pics of PP and Gen would help.

Rich
Old 07-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Roger Walling
Melting Slicks

Received 1,595 Likes on 662 Posts

Conserning the value of the speaker,

Many years ago I had an antique radio that required three batterys with different voltages. I asked my friend about converting a power supply to operate the radio.

He told me to cut a little hole in the back of the radio case and insert a small transistor radio and it will sound better than the original radio.

So, what do you thing your speaker will sound like? (And don't forget, it's AM only)

Get notified of new replies

To 1956/57 radio speaker

Quick Reply: 1956/57 radio speaker