C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Woodward Dream Cruse parking and more

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 09:44 AM
hak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Woodward Dream Cruse parking and more

Our Corvette Club have purchased several parking spots on Woodward Ave for the August 16 Dream cruse. We presently have 8 parking spaces that will not be used by our members and I am selling to outer Vette owners. You will park in a limited access parking lot and have a specific parking spot that you can use all day. You can leave the lot and cruse Woodward and your parking spot will be waiting for you when you return. You will be parking next to other Vettes so no worries about your car. We have 35 feet of canopy tent for you to sit under on the grass plot right next to Woodward…you will be close enough to touch the cars as they go by. We will have 2 locked potra johns (ladies and men) for you. You will sitting in the heart of the action between 14 and 15 mile road directly across the street from a huge GM display which is open to the public. You are responsible to bring your Vette and any food or drink you require. The price is $50.00. For more information call Howard 810.225.2362
Old 07-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Dberghorn
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello Howard, I have a 66 convertible and an 05 coupe would be very interested in a parking spot, what club are you a member of my NCRS #(59875), live in Waterford.

Dave
Dberghorn@me.com
616-295-0375
Old 07-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Howard any idea how modified Vettes will be received? I know that can be an issue with some Corvette clubs and I don't want to offend anyone.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

One of these days I'm doing this! Seems like a real cool event from all the pics posted on here
Old 07-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hitch
One of these days I'm doing this! Seems like a real cool event from all the pics posted on here
EVERY "gear-head" should attend at least ONCE! Been going since 2003 A LOT of video to watch in the "off" season.

Cruz
Old 07-20-2014, 11:58 PM
DZAUTO
Race Director

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C1 of the Year Finalist

$50 to park your car? I'm out!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 AM
hak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Low Rider
Howard any idea how modified Vettes will be received? I know that can be an issue with some Corvette clubs and I don't want to offend anyone.
Modified Vetts are no problem. My Vet is modified and so are many members of our club. I think of it as personalizing your Vette.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Howard, left a message. I am in if you still have space.

Tom-Low Rider, hoping you are too, we will finally get our restomods together, Brian
Old 07-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Hitch
After retiring Jan 31 2004 I took my 54 Vette out on a tour by displaying it at Bloomington Gold in St. Charlies and while driving up there around Chicago a VP from GM call me on my cell and started talking to me and I told him to call me back in an hour and hung up on him. He did call me back and wanted me to bring the 54 to the G M Triangle at the Woodward Dream Cruise. He told me the date and I told him I was just getting home from the NCRS meet in Windsor Canada and would not be able to afford to drive back up to Detroit the following week (I figured maybe I could get them to pay for the trip) and he told me the trip, room, gas, food, and other things were on them for just displaying the car for the day. They would not pay for after dinner but I did it anyway and it was cool and there were a ton of cool cars there and driving by. Will Cooksey was right behind me with one Corvette 2004 each color on display. We talked for a while, great guy. If you ever get a chance to go to and see or drive in the Woodward Dream Cruise please do it. You will have a ball.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM
STING67RAY
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

howard, just left a phone message. looking foward to show. should be on everyones list.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Dberghorn
Instructor

Thanks Howard for the call and the info today, check is in the mail for a spot...😎 looking forward to meeting you. $50..easy in and out, good friends all day looking a great cars...having a cold one just to be social 😱...sounds like a priceless day!...
Dave
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
63split63
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Great Deal

Originally Posted by DZAUTO
$ 50. for parking , washroom and shade on Woodward ave is the deal of the year .

Bill
Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Then you wouldn't like the signs that say "Parking: $75" and "Parking: $100"
Years ago, Corvette owners from a club North of Pittsburgh paid $175 for parking spaces for Friday and Saturday at Dugan's Irish Pub, the "center of the action". When they attempted to reserve spaces there a few years ago, they were told "Sorry...we're not renting individual spaces...we rented out the whole parking lot...for $10,000"!
Many stores in the strip malls don't even bother opening their businesses during the WDC...they make MORE $$ renting their parking spaces.

Cruz
Old 07-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Beggers
Howard, left a message. I am in if you still have space.

Tom-Low Rider, hoping you are too, we will finally get our restomods together, Brian
Sounds like a plan......
Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 AM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Check sent Howard, thanks, see you next month.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

This really is a don't miss for any kind of car guys and girls....you will see every thing imaginable in the way of cars, don't miss it
For you local guys the real cruise actually starts at the beginning of the week before Saturday and builds every day. The day of the cruise Woodward is mostly a parking lot with most cars in those $50. Parking spots
Right now Woodward is full of hot cars every Friday and Saturday night, stop by SAMs Shell and say hi and watch out for the Royal Oak cops
Old 07-22-2014, 07:41 AM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Tom
in recent years a number of cars have been stolen from along the cruise route, $50 would buy a LOT of peace of mind that your car would still be there when you got back...
Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Woodward Dream Cruse parking and more

Old 07-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Dberghorn
Instructor

Check sent for our 05 and 66, see you in a few weeks..

Dave
Old 07-26-2014, 07:11 AM
hak
Instructor

Originally Posted by hak
Our Corvette Club have purchased several parking spots on Woodward Ave for the August 16 Dream cruse. We presently have 8 parking spaces that will not be used by our members and I am selling to outer Vette owners. You will park in a limited access parking lot and have a specific parking spot that you can use all day. You can leave the lot and cruse Woodward and your parking spot will be waiting for you when you return. You will be parking next to other Vettes so no worries about your car. We have 35 feet of canopy tent for you to sit under on the grass plot right next to Woodward…you will be close enough to touch the cars as they go by. We will have 2 locked potra johns (ladies and men) for you. You will sitting in the heart of the action between 14 and 15 mile road directly across the street from a huge GM display which is open to the public. You are responsible to bring your Vette and any food or drink you require. The price is $50.00. For more information call Howard 810.225.2362
I still have 4 parking spaces available.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:20 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Can some of you guys who have been to Woodward before give a rookie some information. The quick story is I am helping bring a car up to Dearborn for an event Friday - Sunday. I believe this is where I am staying as well. I do have some plans with the car, but am not locked down. I can unhook the trailer and drive my truck but by the sounds of it parking in the area is costly. I could bring along my track scooter, it is licensed, or the pedal bike. Is this worth doing? I have plans on Friday evening 5-11 but the rest of the weekend is wide open at this point. What are the must see spots or places. What are the best times to see the most? Is a spectator able to sit in your paid street view area and shoot the breeze with other corvette guys? Any group meetings I should try to make plans to attend? Please feel free to give tips and advice. It would be great to meet more forum guys. Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting you guys! Tommy N

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruse parking and more