C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

2 Very Nice Finds

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 11:12 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Default 2 Very Nice Finds

As you all know I love hunting down these old cars and when someone tells me about one their friends uncles brother has I follow up. Last saturday I finally was able to meet up with a guy who I had been told has a 65 Corvette. I drive by his house to work each day and even used to read his meter and just found it hard to believe the car was there. He was mowing his grass and I stopped and he said yep I have a 65 327 350hp convert. with hard top. He took me to the garage and it is soooooooo dusty but so nice also. He quit driving it in the 90's and it has been parked there since. It's red on red. He added a big block hood and the interior is to die for. He told me he never wore shoes in the car he had a separte pair of slippers or just wore socks. He was kind of unclear what he was gonna do with it. He put it in his sons name but he said his son can't drive a clutch so go figure.

But the best find was today. About a year ago a Ford guy in our car club was talking to me. I had mentioned 2 54 Corvettes up on the main road that I had been trying to get a look at and explained to him where they were. He said are you sure? I told him I had talked to the guy but he didn't want to show me them. So he told me there must be a 3rd on a side street because he had seen one to one day and had never seen it before. So for the past year when I'm working in that neighborhood I always look and never find it until today! I backed into a drive to change a meter and across the street I noticed an old gas pump leaned up against a garage door under a house. The guy was cutting brush so I walked across the street and asked him did he know of a Corvette. He said yes and told me it was a 55 and he owned it. He hesitated to talk about it until he found out I worked for the electric company. He retired from there in 96 and then we were buddys and he took me right in and I helped uncover it. I can't imagine there are many 55's as nice as this car because it was stunning! V8, white, he had the side windows, original spare, jack, just stunning. He told me his brake cylinders are leaking and that is why he does not run it and he is not a mechanic and does not know where to take it. I told him I'm not mechanic either but recommended a shop that I go to. He bought the car in 1956 for $1200. A super nice guy and I made a new friend. They are still out there.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:17 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonsamara
as you all know i love hunting down these old cars and when someone tells me about one their friends uncles brother has i follow up. Last saturday i finally was able to meet up with a guy who i had been told has a 65 corvette. I drive by his house to work each day and even used to read his meter and just found it hard to believe the car was there. He was mowing his grass and i stopped and he said yep i have a 65 327 350hp convert. With hard top. He took me to the garage and it is soooooooo dusty but so nice also. He quit driving it in the 90's and it has been parked there since. It's red on red. He added a big block hood and the interior is to die for. He told me he never wore shoes in the car he had a separte pair of slippers or just wore socks. He was kind of unclear what he was gonna do with it. He put it in his sons name but he said his son can't drive a clutch so go figure.

But the best find was today. About a year ago a ford guy in our car club was talking to me. I had mentioned 2 54 corvettes up on the main road that i had been trying to get a look at and explained to him where they were. He said are you sure? I told him i had talked to the guy but he didn't want to show me them. So he told me there must be a 3rd on a side street because he had seen one to one day and had never seen it before. So for the past year when i'm working in that neighborhood i always look and never find it until today! I backed into a drive to change a meter and across the street i noticed an old gas pump leaned up against a garage door under a house. The guy was cutting brush so i walked across the street and asked him did he know of a corvette. He said yes and told me it was a 55 and he owned it. He hesitated to talk about it until he found out i worked for the electric company. He retired from there in 96 and then we were buddys and he took me right in and i helped uncover it. I can't imagine there are many 55's as nice as this car because it was stunning! V8, white, he had the side windows, original spare, jack, just stunning. He told me his brake cylinders are leaking and that is why he does not run it and he is not a mechanic and does not know where to take it. I told him i'm not mechanic either but recommended a shop that i go to. He bought the car in 1956 for $1200. A super nice guy and i made a new friend. They are still out there.
and when do we get a chance to see them......buy them?? Or at least inspect them
Old 06-07-2014, 09:02 AM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Well the guy with the 65 is a little out there and I'm not sure if I could get the pics, but the 55 I should be able to get the pics. Trust me I have been thinking about what to sell off to purchase that 55 if I get a chance.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonsamara

I had mentioned 2 54 Corvettes up on the main road that I had been trying to get a look at and explained to him where they were. He said are you sure? I told him I had talked to the guy but he didn't want to show me them. So he told me there must be a 3rd on a side street because he had seen one to one day and had never seen it before. So for the past year when I'm working in that neighborhood I always look and never find it until today! I backed into a drive to change a meter and across the street I noticed an old gas pump leaned up against a garage door under a house. The guy was cutting brush so I walked across the street and asked him did he know of a Corvette. He said yes and told me it was a 55 and he owned it. He hesitated to talk about it until he found out I worked for the electric company. He retired from there in 96 and then we were buddys and he took me right in and I helped uncover it.
I understand the feeling. I have a friend I am reluctant to do anything with.

When we go anywhere, he has to blab about my cars and projects I have stuck around the house.

If I wanted people to know, I'd tell them. But safety and security is much due to no one knowing.

If a person tells one, then can tell another, and then another and soon many know.

And eventually, someone will say something with a non-desirable around who overhears and safety and security has just been destroyed.

I've told him before, and he is good for awhile, but eventually, it is too much for him to contain.

For a forum that typically brags about guns and protecting themselves from bad guys, they seem to have a lot who don't understand secrecy of what you have is the first and best defense against others coming to get it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2 Very Nice Finds

Quick Reply: 2 Very Nice Finds