C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Westcoastspeedcustom.com for C1 frames

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 01:49 PM
mnavarro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Westcoastspeedcustom.com for C1 frames

Doing research for frames and I came across this shop. Anybody here or use these frames for C1? I like how you can get the modern c6-c7 suspension and use the camaro rear end and avoid significant mods to drive tunnel. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2014, 02:05 PM
SLO 65
Instructor

Originally Posted by mnavarro
Doing research for frames and I came across this shop. Anybody here or use these frames for C1? I like how you can get the modern c6-c7 suspension and use the camaro rear end and avoid significant mods to drive tunnel. Thanks!
99% sure that is Jeff Hedges new business. Try a forum search for Hedges Speed Shop.

Nick
Old 06-04-2014, 03:49 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by SLO 65
99% sure that is Jeff Hedges new business. Try a forum search for Hedges Speed Shop.

Nick
If that is true, run, don't walk, to the nearest exit!

Regards, John McGraw
Old 06-04-2014, 04:12 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

My advice, is that if you can not find a bunch of satisfied owners of a chassis, then avoid them like the plague.

Guys like SRIII, Art Morrison, Corvette Corrections, Roadster Shop, and Paul Newman, have been building frames for years and have it down to a cold, steely-eyed science. Why take a gamble on a fabricator that has no track record? This is a bunch of money that you are contemplating spending, and there are a bunch of guys who build great frames, with many, many, satisfied customers. I have seen guys who have dropped a load of money on frames that are basically unusable and unsafe.

If all you get from a builder is a bunch of hype about how their design hung the moon, without a big list of satisfied owners, then run like the wind.

I have offered this advice before when several people were contemplating a frame from the person referred to above, and several went with him anyway, as he had a great sales pitch. Needless to say, he left them swinging in the wind, and went out of business. If you build a great product, you do not need to sell it, your customers will do it for you.

I know absolutely nothing about the company you are asking about, buy that is kind of a red flag for me. I have been building Corvette resto-mods for quite a few years, and If I have not heard of them, it must mean that they have not built many Corvette frames yet.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 06-04-2014, 05:09 PM
SLO 65
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McGraw
If that is true, run, don't walk, to the nearest exit!

Regards, John McGraw
Same location - Fresno vs. Clovis CA (basically connected). Same pictures as Hedges Speed Shop old website. I was interested in their chassis 3-4 years ago. I live near Fresno and checked them out a few times.

Nick

Last edited by SLO 65; 06-04-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Westcoastspeedcustom.com for C1 frames

Quick Reply: Westcoastspeedcustom.com for C1 frames