C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Garage door Corvette image

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
scowser
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Garage door Corvette image

I would like to have a front image of my red 1961 Corvette on the outside of my garage door. Help in finding such full-size transfer images would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you.

Scowser
Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Dougs63
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

There was a guy at the Pate Swap meet who was offering to produce a full-size image for the inside of the Garage Door. You could give your Garage on old-fashioned theme of sort - old gas pumps, Gas-related signage, etc.

He could photograph anything and make essentially a billboard out of it to fit your garage door.

Can't recall his name, but keep looking as I believe what you're looking for can be done. Possibly a billboard company?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I hope you live fair away from a street or where anyone can see that image. that is about has bad as putting a flashing sign for thieves to say hey look what I got
Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 PM
mudbone64
Le Mans Master

Location: I'd like to propose a toast... to internal combustion and wind in the face.
Received 262 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
I hope you live fair away from a street or where anyone can see that image. that is about has bad as putting a flashing sign for thieves to say hey look what I got

My driveway circles to the rear of my house so its something of an invasion to my privacy for anyone I don't know to come all of the way to the end of my drive. A couple of weeks ago a local candidate was electioneering and did exactly that. I was outside grilling and as soon as I saw him I cringed as I looked over and saw my garage door open. Two Corvettes, two motorcycles, an ATV and a zero turn mower all on full display. While I doubt this guy was any threat you never know who he might be speaking with. Yea, I might be a little paranoid but I don't like anyone knowing what kind of junk, regardless of its worth, I have.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:59 AM
scowser
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Default You make a good point

Originally Posted by mudbone64

My driveway circles to the rear of my house so its something of an invasion to my privacy for anyone I don't know to come all of the way to the end of my drive. A couple of weeks ago a local candidate was electioneering and did exactly that. I was outside grilling and as soon as I saw him I cringed as I looked over and saw my garage door open. Two Corvettes, two motorcycles, an ATV and a zero turn mower all on full display. While I doubt this guy was any threat you never know who he might be speaking with. Yea, I might be a little paranoid but I don't like anyone knowing what kind of junk, regardless of its worth, I have.
Thanks for the input. It would be nice to have the picture on the door but as you say it,s probably too much of an invitation.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:36 AM
wonderful
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Out of sight is out of mind. Please don't do it.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Just put a sign next to it that says: WARNING trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again!
Old 05-24-2014, 02:34 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Kool idea, but risky advertising for the thieves to be invited. Maybe if you put two big mean looking dogs in front of the vette, it might help.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 AM
DomL64
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by scowser
I would like to have a front image of my red 1961 Corvette on the outside of my garage door. Help in finding such full-size transfer images would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you.

Scowser
Good morning.
Just saw this so I don't know if your still looking for the printed picture.
If you are, go to your local sign shop and ask if they do large digital printing. If so, they can do it on self adhesive vinyl, or banner material. If they don't, you can google "Gregory sign supply". I think they sell directly.
By the way, except for the security thing, I love the idea !
Dom
Old 07-29-2014, 07:24 AM
ejboyd5
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by mudbone64

If such is the case, why did you feel compelled to list your toys on this website for all to see?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:43 AM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by wonderful
Out of sight is out of mind. Please don't do it.
It would be cool to put it on a wall inside of the garage. I am thinking the one facing the garage door. So when it opens you can see it. Neat idea.
Like a giant Fat Head of your car.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:59 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,028 Likes on 1,314 Posts

There is another thing to consider, besides security, for anyone contemplating installing a garage door graphic of their Corvette. Things like that often run a foul of local zoning and home owners associations. It would be wise to find out the ramifications of such an installation, before investing in it.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:22 AM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Google "mural on garage door" and get some great ideas for garage door decorations.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Similar story I heard a while back where a vette owner put one of those mailboxes painted like a red C1 with white coves out at the street. He later had his garage broken into and his car stolen while he was on vacation.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ejboyd5
If such is the case, why did you feel compelled to list your toys on this website for all to see?
Well, he didn't post his address.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:41 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Godholio
Well, he didn't post his address.
Well his location is Lexington KY...or is it???

Actually I already found him on Google maps...apparently, the day he was out grilling, the satellite was making its track over KY.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

All of this reminds me of these, IMO fools, who put a giant Harley Davidson insignia on the outside of the enclosed trailers they haul their bikes in.

Get notified of new replies

To Garage door Corvette image

Old 07-29-2014, 04:05 PM
A-Snake
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary's '66
All of this reminds me of these, IMO fools, who put a giant Harley Davidson insignia on the outside of the enclosed trailers they haul their bikes in.

This might be better
Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Tossin
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to have a Pinto photo transfer done for my garage door.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by A-Snake

This might be better
Now THAT'S an advertisement!

Quick Reply: Garage door Corvette image