C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

break light coming on with semi-hard braking... normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,025 Likes on 540 Posts

Default break light coming on with semi-hard braking... normal?

'67 327/350, does not have power brakes. I noticed the other day that when stopping for a stop sign I forgot was there that the brake light came on near the end of the stop; I would consider it semi-hard braking, not hard enough to break the tires, but hard enough to dump everything I had on the passenger seat to the floor.

Is this normal? Fluid is fine, pads are fine, disks are fine.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:46 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by JMG2
'67 327/350, does not have power brakes. I noticed the other day that when stopping for a stop sign I forgot was there that the brake light came on near the end of the stop; I would consider it semi-hard braking, not hard enough to break the tires, but hard enough to dump everything I had on the passenger seat to the floor.

Is this normal? Fluid is fine, pads are fine, disks are fine.
That light is triggered by the differential pressure switch in the distribution block adjacent to the master cylinder outlets; at that level of braking force, you have less pressure in one half of the system than in the other, which usually means you have some air in one half of the system. Bleed the brakes.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Wayne1964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To break light coming on with semi-hard braking... normal?

Quick Reply: break light coming on with semi-hard braking... normal?