C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Bubba in my Doors, 63 convert

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:52 PM
donbayers
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bubba in my Doors, 63 convert

All;

I wanted to resolve my missing door lock ***** so I got the parts and proceeded to take the door panels off.

With the help of Zoomin (thank God because I would never figured out the trick to get the handles off) we pulled the panel on the drivers side.

I always wondered why the door **** was so stiff and did not function as smoothly as originally intended??

Yes, Bubba had decided to use bailing wire and electrical tape instead of the original rod

At any rate, I'm going to order the rod to get things right but I wondered if others would chime in on the appearance/condition and or things that catch the eye of an experienced person.

Am I missing anything ?

What do the numbers written by a sharpie mean 498 R??

Do these pics tell anything about the history of my car or what has or has not been done to it.

thanks for any advice.

Best

Don
Attached Images    
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 PM
rene-paul
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

It looks like the adjustment for the in and out and forward and aft of the vent window frame has some hardware missing. Bottom below the window crank.
Brgds,
Rene
Old 04-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

No Sharpees back then...that number is the production line body job number in crayon.
You should find that same number in other areas -- like the front of the passenger side splash pan. That square nut at the bottom center slotted oval hole in the door is not correct. It should be a nut with a wide round flange on it and it is used to adjust the bottom of the vent window channel run...

Make sure your vent window regulators are in good shape before you button things up..
Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 734 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
No Sharpees back then...that number is the production line body job number in crayon.
You should find that same number in other areas -- like the front of the passenger side splash pan. That square nut at the bottom center slotted oval hole in the door is not correct. It should be a nut with a wide round flange on it and it is used to adjust the bottom of the vent window channel run...

Make sure your vent window regulators are in good shape before you button things up..
Don,
Attached is an updated version of some material published in the Corvette Restorer in 2003. This should help you in figuring out vent-window regulators, etc.

Dave Z
Attached Images

Get notified of new replies

To Bubba in my Doors, 63 convert

Quick Reply: Bubba in my Doors, 63 convert