C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Edelbrock performer/fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:28 AM
lotsafords
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edelbrock performer/fuel lines

Hello Gents,
Another question for you. I installed an Edelbrock performer carb(AFB) back in 1988, (had a quadra that was very sick), I am going to now install a correct style fuel pump and staying with the edelbrock. Anybody else have that set up? Would I be able to order a fuel line from the cars that had the AFB so that it all would sit nice and pretty?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Before I converted to a braided fuel line from my new Carter pump I had too use a custom made (by myself) hard line with filter and connect it to a banjo fitting (Edelbrock available part) at the carb. I don't think you can get "factory" stuff too fit without adapting something. I hope this helps. Dennis
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by lotsafords
Hello Gents,
Another question for you. I installed an Edelbrock performer carb(AFB) back in 1988, (had a quadra that was very sick), I am going to now install a correct style fuel pump and staying with the edelbrock. Anybody else have that set up? Would I be able to order a fuel line from the cars that had the AFB so that it all would sit nice and pretty?
lotsafords,
The attached file details the things I did to accommodate an Edelbrock 1406 carb and 2101 Performer intake manifold. When we got the car it had the original pump to filter steel line stubbed off with a male barbed connector to which was attached a rubber hose to a barbed filter with another short hose to the front right corner of the AFB that was on the car.
I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with this set-up but it's not leaking and I have steel lines from pump to carb. I may still try to bend a one-piece tube from filter to carb using a 45-degree inverted flare at the filter to get around the choke housing.
Hope this helps.

Dave Z
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
New lines Edelbrock set-up.pdf (397.4 KB, 1462 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 444 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

I just went through this... I think these are 5/16 lines. I know the filter is incorrect but I thought it was cool. No leaks once I got the angle correct. The first line which you see kept leaking at the flange going into the pump so I had to fit another line once more. The line from the carb to the filter is the same. Just no angle going up to the filter.

Also, the bend on the bottom line is slightly different.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Wayne1964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my old Edelbrock set up hope it helps.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock performer/fuel lines

Quick Reply: Edelbrock performer/fuel lines