C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

is that all there is? .. C2 heater blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 547 Likes on 315 Posts

Default is that all there is? .. C2 heater blower motor

It's been years and years since the heater motor blower in my '64 has been in use. The other night I was fooling around inside the car and turned on the blower motor to check defroster operation. .. The motor could be heard running, but hardly any airflow was coming out of the vent. On high setting it didn't seem to be much better.

Maybe the blower motor in my car is anemic or maybe I have forgotten..........but are C2 heater blower motors really that weak? .. How blows your motor?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Mine blows, low, med, and high. Maybe your door/diverter is not moving into position. Pull the glove box and look at the cables. Might be time for a heater rebuild. Dennis
Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

If you have all three motor speeds and little to no air, you have a duct/cable problem as stated.

But, even if everything is right, they don't seem to blow all that strong like a new car. You don't need much in such a little cockpit.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 PM
frankturbo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd check to see if you have unwanted guests living in there
Old 04-19-2014, 02:38 AM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 547 Likes on 315 Posts

I'll delve into it and see what's going on. .. Thanks, guys.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

They are really pretty awful....in humid situations inside the car the defroster clears about a dollar bill size area that you can scootch down in the seat to see through enough to drive. That way on my '63 and actually a little worse on my '61. Vintage Air A/C took care of it on the '63 though...that defroster now rocks..
Old 04-19-2014, 07:53 AM
sshort67
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
They are really pretty awful....in humid situations inside the car the defroster clears about a dollar bill size area that you can scootch down in the seat to see through enough to drive. Vintage Air A/C took care of it on the '63 though...that defroster now rocks..
Last fall leaving Eureka Springs, Arkansas event wife and I pulled out into traffic, one of us took a long breath and spent the next block looking into the sun with near zero visability through the tiny opening. The Vintage Air is still in boxes (3 months) but will be on line shortly. Hoping for cool in summer, heat in winter, and a defroster that works. VA may save our marriage.

Get notified of new replies

To is that all there is? .. C2 heater blower motor

Quick Reply: is that all there is? .. C2 heater blower motor