C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

How do you keep crease out of a 62 top when down

Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 PM
62gal
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you keep crease out of a 62 top when down

When I put the convertible top down I always end up with wrinkles or a crease. The sun will get rid of the wrinkles but not the crease. I've put a piece of 1/4" foam on the inside between bow and top but nothing seems to work. Is there a trick to it. I also use the snaps that hold the top in the folded position and adjust the vinyl to where it seems to fit OK, but even doing that, there is always a crease. It's a Al Knoch top.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:16 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

i think it's the 'nature of the beast'. vinyl tops would tend to show the fold marks more readily than a cloth StayFast or similar top...

i use towels and socks everywhere there may be a sharp bend or rub; but my major concern is to separate the material from places that may rub/cut a hole.

good luck
Bill
Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 PM
3310vette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Bill's assessment.

Joe

Originally Posted by wmf62
i think it's the 'nature of the beast'. vinyl tops would tend to show the fold marks more readily than a cloth StayFast or similar top...

i use towels and socks everywhere there may be a sharp bend or rub; but my major concern is to separate the material from places that may rub/cut a hole.

good luck
Bill

Get notified of new replies

To How do you keep crease out of a 62 top when down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you keep crease out of a 62 top when down