C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Paint and body work

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 AM
JSabah
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint and body work

I am in the middle of a frame off resto and am having difficulty finding a good glass/body shop to get my body ready for paint (and possibly paint it). Any recommendations in the San Fernando Valley area would be appreciated. Can be a shop or a person that can work at my place.
PM me if you have a good recommendation - car is to be a very good driver/show quality.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:32 AM
kellsdad
Melting Slicks

Received 771 Likes on 402 Posts

I live far away and can't recommend a specific person. But I do recommend that you get the business arrangement with your paint/body shop in writing. You should list everything they are to do, what materials you specify, when you are allowed to inspect the progress, what is to be done if something is not to your expectations, how long it will take, the penalty if it is late, and the total cost. It's a good tool to keep the shop focused and a great way to reduce unpleasant miscommunications between parties (e.g., "I thought a complete paint job meant you were going to do the engine bay too!). Listing all that is to be done can also help you better appreciate why paint jobs cost so much. ... Good luck with your search.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:53 PM
JSabah
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kellsdad
I live far away and can't recommend a specific person. But I do recommend that you get the business arrangement with your paint/body shop in writing. You should list everything they are to do, what materials you specify, when you are allowed to inspect the progress, what is to be done if something is not to your expectations, how long it will take, the penalty if it is late, and the total cost. It's a good tool to keep the shop focused and a great way to reduce unpleasant miscommunications between parties (e.g., "I thought a complete paint job meant you were going to do the engine bay too!). Listing all that is to be done can also help you better appreciate why paint jobs cost so much. ... Good luck with your search.
Good advice....thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint and body work

Quick Reply: Paint and body work