C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Update on My 1954 Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 04:50 PM
TNVettGuy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 C1 of Year Finalist

Sorry for not updating sooner. I have made incredible progress on the 54. Almost ready to get on the road again! Paint is done! Trim & chrome almost done. Just bought the trunk mat and other small items I have been missing and will get those in next week. It's going to be a great rest of the summer and fall!

Old 07-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Michael Angelo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The '54 looks great and the pace of progress is impressive. Congratulations on a job well done and for being able to enjoy your hard work this summer. The disassembly of your project started at the same time as my '65. Unfortunately, mine is still in a million pieces, thousands over budget, and no idea when it will be rolling again. But, it will be worth it.

-Michael
Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Outstanding!!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 PM
bigearl56
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

Default "What a car"

Someone posted the Chevrolet commercial with Dave Garraway(spelling) talking about the "All New Chevrolet Corvette" At the end he cocked his head and said "What a car" . When I watched it, I felt the same feeling I had when I saw it many many years ago. The Chevrolet Corvette is a real American treasure and you Sir are one lucky man to own one.
Your work looks just fantastic and I know you are going to get a lot of enjoyment from your car.

Earl
Old 07-23-2014, 06:58 PM
haccpguy
54 Vette Rod
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the update. Looks like it came out great.
Hard, hard work.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Jimmy L. Blakely
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You are so lucky you started out with such a pristine car to restore, that body looked untouched. Keep up the good work and thanks for the photos.
Jim
Old 07-23-2014, 09:19 PM
TNVettGuy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Jimmy L. Blakely
You are so lucky you started out with such a pristine car to restore, that body looked untouched. Keep up the good work and thanks for the photos.
Jim
Thanks Jim! The biggest issue was that the car had body repairs on all 4 corners and the hood so I had to completely rebuild many sections of the car. Trying to be prefect to get judged by NCRS. I ended up having to rework the entire trunk so that is looks perfectly flawed from the factory :-)

I appreciate all of the compliments. Long process but it will look incredible driving down the road. Rebuilt engine, rebuilt transmission, rebuilt rear end, rebuilt all carbs, brakes...everything.

Thanks

Matt
Old 07-24-2014, 04:26 PM
TNVettGuy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C1 of Year Finalist

More Pics, better lighting. Need to put on door trim, front bumperettes and hub caps. Also, please note my camera had some crap on the lens so the blemishes are the camera, not the car :-)

Old 07-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Fr Guido Sarducci
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03

looks great so proud of you My wife and I are Thrilled
found out I have terminal liver decease so having it out of here is a relief and we were glad we have the extra cash take care and enjoy

Quick Reply: Update on My 1954 Build