C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

64 LS Build W/ Art Morrison Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 10:37 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 65silververt
So how does the flush mount glass work? You just put sealer in and that's it?
The edges and the inside get a black band very simular to the new cars and the glass is flush mounted to the body
Old 02-13-2014, 07:24 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

What kind of power window units are you using? I'm trying to install ***** power window units in mine now and having a difficult time. Not much room in those C2 doors.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 648 Likes on 277 Posts

Are you using curved or flat glass for the door windows? I called many places looking for curved, but found no one. Some have invested in the tooling for Camaros, etc, but no one for C2's. I'm told the tooling alone is $3-5K.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:09 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by biggd
What kind of power window units are you using? I'm trying to install ***** power window units in mine now and having a difficult time. Not much room in those C2 doors.
Electric Life
Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ken Sungela
Are you using curved or flat glass for the door windows? I called many places looking for curved, but found no one. Some have invested in the tooling for Camaros, etc, but no one for C2's. I'm told the tooling alone is $3-5K.
There are a few guys that say they can make them they want lots of money starting at 2200 and up I am going flat tinted
Old 02-15-2014, 08:29 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 64 Smoothie
Electric Life
Did you install them yet? How do they fit?
Old 02-15-2014, 09:11 AM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Did you install them yet? How do they fit?
Yes there in and work very well waiting on my glass gut to cut the tinted side glass for one last fitment before sending them out to get tempered
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Yes there in and work very well waiting on my glass gut to cut the tinted side glass for one last fitment before sending them out to get tempered
Did you get the glass to go down completely inside the door or does it stick up a little? That's the problem that I'm finding with the ***** unit. I can't get the unit low enough in the door to get the glass all the way down inside the door.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:38 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Did you get the glass to go down completely inside the door or does it stick up a little? That's the problem that I'm finding with the ***** unit. I can't get the unit low enough in the door to get the glass all the way down inside the door.
Yes goes all the way down
Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Getting a little closer

Had to build a new gas tank I made it so I can get the new style fuel pump and sending unit in and out. The pump setup is for a C5 came with the Supercharger kit

While I was welding I had to modify the air intake a little to fit around the fans

Old 03-04-2014, 10:50 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Here is some more pics of the Fuel Tank bein built

Gettin started on the Supercharger Plumbing

A lot of Fabbing and welding

Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Got the windows going up and down and they go all the way down in the door check out the video

http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/JD...c2036.mp4.html

Last edited by 64 Smoothie; 03-27-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Nice, I'm still trying to get mine to work. I think I've given up with the ***** units. I may try the ones you used.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

Here is some more pics of the Fuel Tank bein built

Gettin started on the Supercharger Plumbing

A lot of Fabbing and welding

Not a good location for the intake air. Any moisture might cause a hydro lock. Seen it before on a 2001 Zo6. Ran through a puddle and blew up the motor. Broke a rod.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:30 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joe Inama
Not a good location for the intake air. Any moisture might cause a hydro lock. Seen it before on a 2001 Zo6. Ran through a puddle and blew up the motor. Broke a rod.
The Air intake will be hidden inside of a panel Pics coming soon that pipe going down comes from the inner cooler air intake comes off the supercharger.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:18 AM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Well its been a long while since I posted any updates back on the Vette projectnow Sorry for the Delay

Picking up where I left off the Radiator is in to modify fit and tweek everything

Got the Battery box Fabbed up and installed Top Lef of pic gonna hide it with a fiberglass panel we made

Panel to hide battery in place and the air intake tube fabbed up

This is the piece we fabbed that goes across the bottom discharge from supercharger to innercooler

Back on the Body found a bad place in the fiberglass so cut it out to repair

Shaping up

Starting to get all the lines around the headlight doors even man this aint easy they are so uneven from the factory

More to come and I wont wait so long Thanks for all the complements
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

I too spent quite a lot of time fitting the headlamps on the 63 split window. The fitment was off all over the place. Most people probably woundn't have noticed, but in my opinion it was time well spent.

Recently I was watching a show on the ID channel with my fiance'(about a man who killed his wife) and in the show he was driving a 65 Corvette that had the windshield and rear molding deleted. While i like the stainless, I was surprised at how good the car looked without it. I guess whoever built the car that was being used in the show built up the edges, then dropped the windshield in urethane like a modern car. Now, according to the show, the actually perpetrators midyear vette was his pride and joy. Once the police had enough evidence to arrest him they ended up in a high speed chase and the man wrecked his Corvette at a high rate of speed and died. I guess he needed a newer chassis with modern suspension.

Keep up the good work!

Get notified of new replies

To 64 LS Build W/ Art Morrison Chassis

Old 08-01-2014, 09:31 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by 65silververt
I too spent quite a lot of time fitting the headlamps on the 63 split window. The fitment was off all over the place. Most people probably woundn't have noticed, but in my opinion it was time well spent.

Recently I was watching a show on the ID channel with my fiance'(about a man who killed his wife) and in the show he was driving a 65 Corvette that had the windshield and rear molding deleted. While i like the stainless, I was surprised at how good the car looked without it. I guess whoever built the car that was being used in the show built up the edges, then dropped the windshield in urethane like a modern car. Now, according to the show, the actually perpetrators midyear vette was his pride and joy. Once the police had enough evidence to arrest him they ended up in a high speed chase and the man wrecked his Corvette at a high rate of speed and died. I guess he needed a newer chassis with modern suspension.

Keep up the good work!
Yes I also believe all the lines should be correct but all of the early cars none of the lines were right mass production can do that back then we have all been trying to make the cars better than they were from the factory. So sad about that 65 if you look at my previous pic we did a lot of modifying to make the glass fit correctly I wish it was as easy as dropping it in urethane lol. Thanks for the complement
Old 08-01-2014, 09:47 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Getting the door glass tracks hidden and molded in

Got the new rear tinted glass in had to see what it looked like in place to make sure its the same as the olfd one for fit. we made the door glass the same color tinted glass they look great sending them off now to be tempered

Rounding and smoothing all the inside edges of the front windshied base so it looks good with the molding around it and even all the way around Shaping up

getting the final bodywork done inside and out of door tracks

More fitting and tweeking of the side panels its almost ready for its first coat of primer

Old 08-03-2014, 12:20 AM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Cleaned up taped up and ready for the first coat of primer finally

Finally all one color

Quick Reply: 64 LS Build W/ Art Morrison Chassis