C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

64 LS Build W/ Art Morrison Chassis

Old 01-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Chalie M
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 416 Likes on 285 Posts

Wow, u got vision & talent, talk about not sweating the little things in life, what a project u got going on, thanks for sharinig.
Chalie
Old 01-01-2014, 12:59 PM
hajboj
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice build
thanks for sharing
Old 01-01-2014, 09:17 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chalie M
Wow, u got vision & talent, talk about not sweating the little things in life, what a project u got going on, thanks for sharinig.
Chalie
Wow Thanks I will keep the pics coming
Old 01-01-2014, 09:59 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

That looks great! I like it!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:09 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Fresh out of the mold the fiberglass rockers are getting bolted on for the first time

Drivers side fresh out of the mold

Fiberglass bumpers getting molded into the body Has to make them 2 piece so the lower valance can still be removed

Shot of the bumpers and rockers

Roughing them in you can see the split in them now and will make it almost invisable valance slides into the bottom of bumpers

Old 01-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Marks Hotrod Garage
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

what kind of progress have you made engineering the 1 piece side glass?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:12 PM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 211 Posts

I don't know anyone who's actually made a one piece side glass on a C2 that goes up and down. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to do it to no avail. The way the window goes down at a slant there is just no way that the front section would go all the way down into the door unless you cut that piece off the front. I didn't like the way that looked so
I ended up just putting a fixed piece of smoked lexan in place of the vent window, painting the frame black and tinting my side window dark.

Last edited by biggd; 01-02-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Marks Hotrod Garage
Pro

Originally Posted by biggd
I don't know anyone who's actually made a one piece side glass on a C2 that goes up and down. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to do it to no avail. The way the window goes down at a slant there is just no way that the front section would go all the way down into the door unless you cut that piece off the front.
If you could mount a rear view mirror in this area you are talking about it might fill that void but it would have to be the right mirror.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:08 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

I have the windows in and working pretty well I borrowed some ideas from the street rod world. Yes you have to cut the front of the window off but look at a new Vette how the front piece sweeps back and hides the front channel. That is the direction I am going Stay tuned more pics coming soon LOL Thanks for all the interest
Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by toocrazy
If you could mount a rear view mirror in this area you are talking about it might fill that void but it would have to be the right mirror.
Found the right mirrors I think you guys will have to judge when I get them on I will post pics.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:29 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

I admire your persistence. I gave up on the one piece window. I just thought it was too much work and money for such little effect. What did you use for the glass? The original glass has a slight curve to it. Also what power window system did you use? I used Ball's but they were a pain in the a$$. I'm still trying to get them to work smoothly.
I'm interested in seeing the way yours come out.
I also like the way you did the front and rear windows to make it look like seamless glass. That's a lot of fiberglass work. What are you using for a molding around the glass?
I might attempt that if I ever do mine over again. I hate those stainless window moldings.

Last edited by biggd; 01-03-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

Wow -----I wish I could come over, hang out and learn. Super. I want to do flush glass and the glass rockers but did'nt have the guts. Absolutely grand.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Originally Posted by biggd
I admire your persistence. I gave up on the one piece window. I just thought it was too much work and money for such little effect. What did you use for the glass? The original glass has a slight curve to it. Also what power window system did you use? I used Ball's but they were a pain in the a$$. I'm still trying to get them to work smoothly.
I'm interested in seeing the way yours come out.
I also like the way you did the front and rear windows to make it look like seamless glass. That's a lot of fiberglass work. What are you using for a molding around the glass?
I might attempt that if I ever do mine over again. I hate those stainless window moldings.
Flush mount with a 1/8 gap all around no moldings to raise the back glass because of the curve you have to move the window back about 1.5 inches yes alot of work but it will look cool for sure
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Marks Hotrod Garage
Pro

Originally Posted by 64 Smoothie
Found the right mirrors I think you guys will have to judge when I get them on I will post pics.
I am going to void the vent windows as well. Yes, hot rod experience is a must because it definitely is a "one off" trick. I have a contact that "bends" glass as I figured after I got into it the glass would have to be curved to make it work in the opening. If I get anything figured out before you I will PM you but sounds like your on your way.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the way the flush glass looks, I wish there was a one piece side glass too
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Made some fiberglass panels to put in over the controll arm opening to Smooth it up a little more than the rubber factory ones.

Oh look the supercharger is bolted in also

Had to open the trans tunnel alittle also needed a bit more room

The innercooler going in this thing will get twisted turned and finally go in upside down LOL

The start of a new idea

Dash is out and getting ready for a few Mods

Old 01-06-2014, 08:53 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Bump, really looking forward to seeing how the seamless glass looks and the ventless side windows. I wanted to do that on my 67 but didn't have the body work knowledge or the funds needed. Maybe next time around.

Get notified of new replies

To 64 LS Build W/ Art Morrison Chassis

Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM
64 Smoothie
Advanced

Dash getting a little modification

Front spoiler mold is shaping up nicely I had to make it to hide the bottom pipe of the innercooler and it looks good

Glassin it on

Not to bad Looks cool I think needs a little finish work

Old 01-08-2014, 05:38 AM
Ausbrian
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! you sure don't waste any time.Looking good, how do you intend to put the" black band" around the perimeter of the front and rear glass?I was interested in this mod,then I found out that the black edge on the glass is a ceramic type of coating done in the manufacturing process and it seemed too hard. Be interested in hearing how your going to do this.Look forward to seeing more pics.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ausbrian
Wow! you sure don't waste any time.Looking good, how do you intend to put the" black band" around the perimeter of the front and rear glass?I was interested in this mod,then I found out that the black edge on the glass is a ceramic type of coating done in the manufacturing process and it seemed too hard. Be interested in hearing how your going to do this.Look forward to seeing more pics.
My brother inlaw is in the glass business and when I glued the tracts to the bottom of my side windows he gave me this black chemical paint that he uses to paint on the glass to make that window glue that they use stick to the glass. I suppose you would use that all around the edge of the window. Tape it off and do a nice job painting it. It's probably the same stuff they use on the glass at the factory just in a can. Can't remember what it was called.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 64 LS Build W/ Art Morrison Chassis