C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need Help With 64 LS3 Resto Mod Value? It may be time..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help With 64 LS3 Resto Mod Value? It may be time..

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/mwst...64%20Resto-Mod

Ok here is the thing. I have my eyes on something else so in order for this to happen, I may need to sell the 1964. Looking for what I should put it up for?

The car has the following: New Frame (collier technology)
Disc Brakes VP&P
New steering parts bushings etc.

LS3 engine and T5 G-force trans.

Vintage air new seats and carpet.

Not a full list but enough for a rough idea.
Member Paulywannafly has done all the work.
Thanks all!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

I believe the average price for a C2 sold in 2013 at auction was somewhere in the $164k range. Google it and you will see. Good Luck, nice car.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

I'd say 50-65K. Reason for this is:

Model year 1964, not the most sought after, no matter how nice the car is.

Stock frame and suspension. Restomod buyers are looking to spend their money on the latest stuff, this means LS3 or better, 6-speed, C6 suspension, C6 Z06 brakes, steering etc. Modified stock stuff will not hold against the latest SRiii C6 or Street Shop C6 frames. Just the way it is.

Anyways, you have a beautiful ride, I woudn't mind having it in my garage.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Groovy Jay may be right but I would start the bidding mid-high $70s or more. Your car has the preferred engine/trans and it looks like a Dana 44 rear diff conversion? The Collier Frame is a kind of hybrid frame, correct? To me the hybrid frame and should be worth more than an original frame, but less than an SRIII/SS.

This thing could go in the $90s or the $60s. I would give detailed info on the Collier frame since nobody will be familiar with it. Most resto-mods are priced way high and your car may sell quick due to price and the fact it has all of the popular bits/bobs. Good luck with the sale and keep us posted on the selling price.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

I usually have a good finger on values but I'm at a loss on this one...

It's amazingly nice. Great power. etc. The down side is you can't go back. Anyone that has one of these with late model power knows the car will never go back to stock but for some reason there is this thing of originality that adds value... if you have a car that can go back it seems to add value. If the car can't go back it seems like it needs to be 'all in' for technology.

So... shoot high. Mecum in Kissimmee might be a good spot if you have a bit of time
Old 12-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Thanks all! Not really sure where to place it myself. I really wanted a great long distance reliable runner (and it is). My goal was to keep it as stock looking as possible on the outside, well sort of the hood is of course a 67 but think it looks good. The best part is when you open the hood, I get a lot of "Was not expecting that". The old seats were replaced for comfort gauges converted. I will be listing it up in the next few weeks and will see where it goes. Wish me luck!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:43 PM
paulywannafly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty4
Thanks all! Not really sure where to place it myself. I really wanted a great long distance reliable runner (and it is). My goal was to keep it as stock looking as possible on the outside, well sort of the hood is of course a 67 but think it looks good. The best part is when you open the hood, I get a lot of "Was not expecting that". The old seats were replaced for comfort gauges converted. I will be listing it up in the next few weeks and will see where it goes. Wish me luck!
there is time to consign at kissimee I can be there to represent it for you
Old 12-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by paulywannafly
there is time to consign at kissimee I can be there to represent it for you
Might be cutting it very close? I am not saying no, but need a reserve price and set up shipping down and if it does not sell back?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:27 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive studied your car more and also looked at Ebay protouring cars, as that is where restomods get stuck. Im thinking the best place to try and sell this car is on the C1/C2 forum. Forum members may want a stock looking car with a modern drive train. People who want a safe dependable car for weekend cruising, without paying 6 figures to do it.

A reasonable price point might be what you have in it. If I can ever get the build cost out of my C2 hot rod, I will be a happy man, lol.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Inama
I believe the average price for a C2 sold in 2013 at auction was somewhere in the $164k range. Google it and you will see. Good Luck, nice car.
Statistically the average price of a C2 couldnt possibly be $164k, as the vast majority listed at every auction are under $100k.

If you are saying "restomod" C2s, are you referring to this list at VetteRodder?

Current 2012 Pricing for VetteRods - Resto Rod Sales

Number Sold Total Sales $ Average Price Low Price High Price

C2 5 $ 822,800.00 $ 164,560.00 $ 94,600.00

There's your $164k number.
In 2012. For 5 cars.

With this qualifyer:

"In general, the more work that has been done to upgrade the Resto Rod, the higher the sale price achieved at auction. A C5/C6 suspension upgrade with a new chassis along with a modern LS7 or 9 will command a much higher price if executed professionally over a C4 suspension upgrade or a poorly executed example (paint & finish detail). "

Not sure this 5 car sample of cars that could be any range of build from 2012 is applicable.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:31 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

$75,000-90,000 range depending on the day. Nice looking car!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:09 PM
JBLT1
Racer

I'm very hesitant to weigh in on this one as I don't want to insult a very nice car, but I believe the price of this car should bring very clean 64 roadster NOM money $45-$50k.
At auction all bets are off, because I've seen some silly (good for seller) $h!t happen.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A car is worth what somebody will pay, I would think that as well as the car shows, it would bring in the 70-low 80's, just a hunch, I think something like the Kissimmee event would be the better presentation, the builder willing to present it is a BIG plus.

Best of luck, sure is a sharp looking car.

RJ
Old 12-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Beach Dude
A car is worth what somebody will pay, I would think that as well as the car shows, it would bring in the 70-low 80's, just a hunch, I think something like the Kissimmee event would be the better presentation, the builder willing to present it is a BIG plus.

Best of luck, sure is a sharp looking car.

RJ
Thanks again all! I talked to a Mecum representative last night and the numbers he gave me were very encouraging! I was very honest about the car and he gave me a reserve range to shoot for, if I do list with them (of course anything could happen at auction and usually does). I needed to get a handle on this as a trip to FLA from CT with shipping down and back incase a no sale. Plus the fees and everything else involved. Yes having Paul there would be a huge help and after talking to him he would help (thanks Paulie). Still crunching my numbers to see if it will happen, or is truly worth the journey.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 AM
0Heartland Customs
Former Vendor

Default Value...

OK, I had to jump in on this one. Yes, the '64 is the least desirable of years of the C2, but when they have been restomoded I don't think the year matters as much. I have seen '64 restomods that were really nice bring top $$. The custom chassis helps the value over original, but it not being C6 components or better like our SPECVETTE Chassis, definitely brings the price down. I have a '61 with an LS1 and a stock chassis with Jim Meyer bolt in suspension, 4 link coilovers etc and have turned down numerous offers of 85k-95k. The C2's that are done right, custom chassis with C6 or better suspension, LS3 or better, leather interior, killer paint and bodywork etc. are bringing well over 200k if they are done right. A friend of ours just sold the one he built for 235k a few weeks ago. Without seeing the car in person and based off the pictures, I would list it at 95k and go from there...remember you can always come down in price, but you will kick yourself if you price it low and someone snatches it right up

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help With 64 LS3 Resto Mod Value? It may be time..

Quick Reply: Need Help With 64 LS3 Resto Mod Value? It may be time..