C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Needing flex fuel line to pump on'60

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:08 PM
nj3winds
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing flex fuel line to pump on'60

Does anyone know a source for the flex fuel line which connect to the in port on the pump? Have checked all the usual sources and was told that Corvette Central is the only manufacturer and there was a recall last year due to bad fitting connections and the potential of leaking fuel.
Have ordered from 2 sources and each time was contacted later to be told it is unavailable. Back order time in undetermined......months.
Maybe someone has a source or a suggestion..I was told by one supplier that they have a back log of orders of at least 2 dozen.

What is the male and female fitting for the brass ends? Maybe I can get one made up?
Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 PM
jrm5657
Melting Slicks

Received 686 Likes on 383 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Have you tried Keen Parts, they actually have an large inventory of parts, unlike some of the other places that don't have squat in stock.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

You could make one up with barb type fittings...Edelman or Imperial has them, they made the OE`s...And the size that fits my 62 is 3/8 pipe to the pump and 3/8 inverted flare to the 3/8 gas line....At the same time ask for the fuel line...A "good" parts store could through there parts network may even get a OE style....

But a barb fitting style will work
Old 12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
nj3winds
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried Keen and they said their flex line comes from CC and that CC is the only manufacturer currently. Nothing in stock. Everything was recalled due to previously mentioned leak problem.
Ecklers just said that they have them in stock, but I will believe it when it arrives. A couple of other notable suppliers also said they had the part and then got back to me after a week to tell me the same recall story. No manufacture date available. CC told me maybe Feb, maybe June....Seems like it should be an easy problem to fix, but evidently not.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:28 AM
wilbur
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 45 Posts

I replaced my flex hose a few months ago with a corvette central hose and it leaked. I did a internet search. ... that's when I learned that there was a recall...Gave corvette central a call and they sent me out the new one.
I was tempted to make my own with a fuel hose, straight fuel pump fitting and two clamps.

Get notified of new replies

To Needing flex fuel line to pump on'60

Quick Reply: Needing flex fuel line to pump on'60