C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

seatbelt clasp wont stay secured

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
tdelph
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default seatbelt clasp wont stay secured

I just sold my 67 to a very happy person and I told him I would look into getting the seatbelt clasp to work before they pick up the car in a few days.

I bought a new set of seatbelts from someone on the forum years ago...I think his name was Charlie something from NJ. The seatbelts are great with the correct stamping etc... my problem is that the seatbelt wont stay clasped. Any ideas on how to open this guy up without scratching or damaging?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 565 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by tdelph
I just sold my 67 to a very happy person and I told him I would look into getting the seatbelt clasp to work before they pick up the car in a few days.

I bought a new set of seatbelts from someone on the forum years ago...I think his name was Charlie something from NJ. The seatbelts are great with the correct stamping etc... my problem is that the seatbelt wont stay clasped. Any ideas on how to open this guy up without scratching or damaging?
You're thinking of Charlie Santorelli of Seat Belt City (Sity) in New Jersey.

Often times, when the tongues are rechromed, they lay on the chrome too thick........thus the difficulty clasping them.

Chuck
Old 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM
tdelph
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff
You're thinking of Charlie Santorelli of Seat Belt City (Sity) in New Jersey.

Often times, when the tongues are rechromed, they lay on the chrome too thick........thus the difficulty clasping them.

Chuck
yes that is him. I just found his info and called him. He is a good guy. He told me to ship it back and he would take care of it at no charge. I bought these probably 5 years ago. The seatbelts are perfect except for the current issue but he is a stand up guy and is going to be taking care of everything! I would recommend him to anyone that needs his services!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 565 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by tdelph
yes that is him. I just found his info and called him. He is a good guy. He told me to ship it back and he would take care of it at no charge. I bought these probably 5 years ago. The seatbelts are perfect except for the current issue but he is a stand up guy and is going to be taking care of everything! I would recommend him to anyone that needs his services!
Yep, he's a stand up guy.

I've run into the heavy chrome problem with several sets of belts I've done over the years.........

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To seatbelt clasp wont stay secured

Quick Reply: seatbelt clasp wont stay secured