C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

What's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 AM
tdelph
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's the deal?

I have my car on eBay and on craigslist. I started getting a bunch of calls from call centers that said they had buyers for my car. I gave one of the callers a couple of minutes to explain why I am getting all of these calls. She explained that they just wanted to finance the car for their clients and that's their motivation.

I finally removed my number from ad to stop the calls.

have any of you had this same experience? Just curious...there are so many scams out there but the one girl was convincing.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

Sold my '67 Chevelle SS-396 for strong money a few months back - killer ad with videos, dozens of pics, etc.. NEVER included my phone number and never will, or, email address. (eBay doesn't allow some things as well). If legitimate buyers want to contact me they can do it through the eBay messaging. Once there is an auction winner I'm all about communication and provide my cell number, email address, etc. to the buyer.

There are internet 'robots' that just cruise sites automatically 24X7 to gather up names/phone numbers/email addresses from popular sites to harass/scam you.

Some spell out their phone numbers to try to fool these: four-seven-eight-7789 and such. Smarter robots glean those now too. Provide only the minimum personal information required to complete the sale via eBay.

Quick Reply: What's the deal?