C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Best seats

Old 09-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Leadrope
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Best seats

Your opinions will be appreciated on the best seats and seat backs to purchase. Better to buy the replacements or go to an upholstery shop? Have original vinyl seats in '65. Pretty tough shape not much foam left and passenger side back cracked. Rather not make a mistake as I start taking it to the next level Seats are white. Doors panels in great shape. Driver not show car but still particular about what I do with it.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

It sounds like you are looking for a recommendation for purchasing seat covers. Al Knoch, Corvette America, and Willcox all carry very good products including the foam and the back panels. I don't know your capabilities, but you could disassemble the seats, check and repair/refinish the frames. Take the old covers and the new to a reputable upholstery shop and have them refit the new covers on your refreshed frames. Second choice would be have the shop disassemble them, you redo the frames, return to the shop and be refitted. Dennis
Old 09-27-2013, 05:03 PM
mark6669
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
It sounds like you are looking for a recommendation for purchasing seat covers. Al Knoch, Corvette America, and Willcox all carry very good products including the foam and the back panels. I don't know your capabilities, but you could disassemble the seats, check and repair/refinish the frames. Take the old covers and the new to a reputable upholstery shop and have them refit the new covers on your refreshed frames. Second choice would be have the shop disassemble them, you redo the frames, return to the shop and be refitted. Dennis
Old 09-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Leadrope
Instructor

Yes that is corrct. So one is no better quality/fit than the other? I had an upholsterer put leather on my last '65. This was years ago and Al Knock wasn't really an option. Didn't know if the Al Knock were good or not. I watched one of their employees work on a seat at Carsile this summer but didn't have the time to really check it out. Plus, wasn't looking then cause I didn't have this car at that time. Need to slow down and check it out next time. I will check them both out. I think Willcox is having a sale. Better yet
Old 09-27-2013, 09:20 PM
RestoMike
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Leadrope
Yes that is corrct. So one is no better quality/fit than the other? I had an upholsterer put leather on my last '65. This was years ago and Al Knock wasn't really an option. Didn't know if the Al Knock were good or not. I watched one of their employees work on a seat at Carsile this summer but didn't have the time to really check it out. Plus, wasn't looking then cause I didn't have this car at that time. Need to slow down and check it out next time. I will check them both out. I think Willcox is having a sale. Better yet
I believe you'll find out there are only two supplier choices regarding seat covers.....Corvette America or Al Knoch. Willcox from what I know does not make covers and like many vendors sell Corvette America interior products.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Leadrope
Instructor

Al Knoch it is then all the way around. Just getting started so this won't be the last question regarding quality.

Get notified of new replies

To Best seats

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best seats