C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Oil pressure line?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 04:31 PM
KNIPPS
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Oil pressure line?

I went to install my oil pressure line on my 67 today and realized the block fitting did not fit. I have a 73 block and above the oil filter are 2 holes and they seem much larger than the fitting I have with my oil line kit. The block casting # is 3999289. My question is can I just get the correct fitting for a 73 and would that work with the line kit I have? and which hole it the one for the oil pressure line. I read one might be for an oil cooler. Thanks Jim
Old 07-26-2013, 05:39 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 735 Likes on 455 Posts

Knipps

If your engine is like most, that oil line fitting gets inserted in the block near the base of the distributor very close to the intake manifold. Below is a shot from 65 which has a 350 crate motor.
Hope this helps.
Dave Z
Attached Images  
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Mid-Year Oil Line Fittings.pdf (336.2 KB, 124 views)
Old 07-26-2013, 05:45 PM
KNIPPS
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Line

I neglected to mention it's a Big Block. I did not see a spot next to the distributor. Thanks Jim
Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 AM
rongold
Drifting

Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator K2NS
Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Oil Pressure Line

I just looked at my 67 351 4 bolt block, as I drove the car to work today. There is a pipe plug in the rear hole which is right above the oil filter can, and my oil pressure line fitting screws into another fitting that screws into an adapter in the forward hole. On my block the forward hole is quite large and has what plumbers call a bushing that adapts the large hole in the block to the 1/8" pipe thread of the Chevrolet proprietary fitting.

Here's a link to the fittings

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...e-fittings.pdf

The top left fitting in the picture screws into the "bushing" on my engine and then the line fitting screws into that one. I think that bushing might be a 3/4" to 1/8"---both pipe threads.

RON

Last edited by rongold; 07-27-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Here's what I expect to see on a big-block on the engine end of the oil pressure line; Paragon has the line, fittings, bushing, adapter, etc.:
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Oil pressure line?

Quick Reply: Oil pressure line?