C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Check out Frankie's car ina a tire promo...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Check out Frankie's car ina a tire promo...

Hey Frank ..have you seen this....

http://tireschinka.com/tires-wide-whitewall/

Pretty much a compliment even if they didn't ask you if they could use the pic

Stan...
Old 07-19-2013, 02:35 AM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

assuming Frank didn't give permission... what gives them the right to use a pic of his car?
Bill
Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I know nothing of this outfit nor did I give any sort of permission for the use of the picture. Sort of comical because I bought the Diamondbacks at Kissimmee a few NCRS meetings back from a vendor there. Cash on the barrelhead and threw em in the truck.

Not the first time the '61 has shown up in a web site ad w/o my knowledge.

More bothersome is that this web site is so freakin' lame; some web designer 'wannabe' trolled cyberspace for cool pics and then threw it together I'm thinking...

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 07-19-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by wmf62
assuming Frank didn't give permission... what gives them the right to use a pic of his car?
Bill
I agree. Using a picture of a guy's car in an ad for a product implies an endorsement of the product. That's not something I would want.

-- Steve
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 AM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
I know nothing of this outfit nor did I give any sort of permission for the use of the picture. Sort of comical because I bought the Diamondbacks at Kissimmee a few NCRS meetings back from a vendor there. Cash on the barrelhead and threw em in the truck.

More bothersome is that this web site is so freakin' lame; some web designer 'wannabe' trolled cyberspace for cool pics and then threw it together I'm thinking...
Frank
MAYBE it was the truck in the background he was focusing on, kinda a subliminal Mazda ad....
Bill
Old 07-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink

.....I was pretty sure that it wasn't anything you had endorsed because it is such a cheezy site. I don't guess there is anyway to keep it from happening since there are so many pics of your car in cyberworld.

BUT I can see "why" they choose it...There's not a C1 anywhere that photographs any better than yours. Eye Candy is a term that has been used before...quite appropriate imo....and even the cheezy twerps know class when they see it.

Bill may be right right... I would be contacting Mazda ...and see when they will be sending a check for the promotion. I'm sure their sales will increase..

Stan
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Frank..

Do you remember what you paid for your Diamondbacks?

It Looks like the average price I'm seeing is close to $1100...with shipping

I'm going to order a set like yours...the size and white wall width looks just right. I've just got to determine whether they are 70's or 75's.

Stan

Last edited by Stan's Customs; 07-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

You'll be grossed out. It was about 2 years back at January NCRS meet down here....some vendor about 3 rows deep was selling tires and on the last day of the meet I walked back there to do some horse trading. He started at like $700 for the 4 tires still in the blue wrappers. Got him down to $625 and nearly ripped my rear pocket off getting my wallet out to pay him cash.

Backed the truck up and brought em home (so no shipping charges). They look good and wear a lot better than I had hoped.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Righteous deal

....was there a mask and firearm involved in that last day transaction?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by wmf62
Bill
If a pic is taken in a public place like a road or parking lot I doubt they need any permission. Something taken in your own driveway might still be considered public if you can see it from the street. When you get into pics you find while searching the internet I'm not sure what rules apply.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

With what Google Maps does now its not worth getting excited about!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Railroadman
If a pic is taken in a public place like a road or parking lot I doubt they need any permission. Something taken in your own driveway might still be considered public if you can see it from the street. When you get into pics you find while searching the internet I'm not sure what rules apply.
It's different if they're using it specifically for gain. If his car were driving by in the background of a tv commercial, or in a series of photos of a car show, or something that like that, it'd be public domain. Targeting it specifically for an advertisement is different.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:04 PM
RJ1
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Hard to complain. Beautiful car and a great picture of it. Frank do you recognize that picture? Who took it and where it was taken. You can track it down.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

It was taken in my driveway, by me, shortly after I got my hardtop....which would make it April of 2011. Its only ever been uploaded here to my knowledge....so somebody 'lifted' it from the forum and had their way with it. (I feel so violated).

At least when Race Ramps used it they sent me a T-shirt or some such token gift. Oh well!

Get notified of new replies

To Check out Frankie's car ina a tire promo...

Quick Reply: Check out Frankie's car ina a tire promo...