C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Corvette Feature Car At Road America

Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 354 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Corvette Feature Car At Road America

Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI) is featuring Corvettes this year in honor of their 60th birthday, at the vintage races July 18-21. My wife and I are driving the '66 this year...

...and we were wondering if there will be any planned Corvette activities or gathering spots? In years past I've been crewing for some Can Am cars and haven't really looked around much beyond the pits and paddock areas. I'll still be crewing this year but plan on doing more spectating. Anything going you know of?

Thomas
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Thomas, the '66 is looking fine. Since you are going I assume all needed (to your standards) is done. I'll be in De. with mine for several days. Wish I could make it to WI. Enjoy the ride! Dennis
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

There is Corvette Corral between turn 2-3. There is always things going on there. Usually a tent with info set up. Concours is Saturday evening in downtown Elkhart Lake. There is a $20 off gate tickets via text, info on the web page. I will be there without any of the Vettes, staying just outside the track at a friends place with no garage.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 AM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tommyn
There is Corvette Corral between turn 2-3. There is always things going on there. Usually a tent with info set up. Concours is Saturday evening in downtown Elkhart Lake. There is a $20 off gate tickets via text, info on the web page. I will be there without any of the Vettes, staying just outside the track at a friends place with no garage.
Thanks for the info tommyn. I've been going to RA for several years, but with my crewing duties ...

...I haven't had much chance to check many places out. I'm going to try and get out more this year. I'm a little surprised with this being the year of the Corvette at RA there hasn't been much talk about it on the forum.

Thomas
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/grea...d-america.html

There are many guys who read and don't post on the forum. That seems to be the norm with the Chicago-land and Wisconsin straight axle & mid year guys. Once you get to talking to many they know of the forum but just are not actively posting. I will keep on the look out for you.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

the heat has to be BRUTAL up there, I went last year after not being there since my last race Sept `06 and I was miserable, now I know how my family felt for all those years.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:13 AM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by redvetracr
the heat has to be BRUTAL up there, I went last year after not being there since my last race Sept `06 and I was miserable, now I know how my family felt for all those years.
Thursday was pretty hot but it was dry. Today, Friday, it was better with a nice breeze. Saturday and Sunday are forecast to be dry, high in the mid 70's with low 60's at night-perfect weather for racing and looking at old racing Corvettes. When I get home I'll post some pictures. Thanks everyone.

Thomas
Old 07-20-2013, 05:39 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default Asking for a favor!

I was wondering if someone could pick me an event program from this event and I can send the payment/shipping. And then I will pick up for them a Monterey Reunion program in August and they can send me payment, and I will ship that out to them.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:25 PM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
I was wondering if someone could pick me an event program from this event and I can send the payment/shipping. And then I will pick up for them a Monterey Reunion program in August and they can send me payment, and I will ship that out to them.
OK, since no one has responded to your request I'll do my best to get a RA event program for you tomorrow, Sunday. I'll send you a PM once I get home with info. BTW, I don't need a Monterey program but thanks just the same.

Thomas
Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Thanks!

I didn't realize that that was actually this very weekend. This was a thought of getting every 60th Anniversary event program for Corvette from around the Country and was going to post that up. I am going to get some extra programs at Monterey, no profit intentions- it is that it will be chocked full of Corvette because it is the featured Marque. Thank you! Because the Road America events are usually first rate also. I will await the email. Much appreciated. I will send lunch money also, to treat you for doing me this favor!

PS super cool car. I like the backdrop pictured. I like cool shots.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-21-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

TC,
I have an extra program from RA. If Thomas does not come through let me know. I would be interested in a Monterey program if you do get them.
Tom
Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Hi, Tom I will pick one up for you!

Originally Posted by tommyn
TC,
I have an extra program from RA. If Thomas does not come through let me know. I would be interested in a Monterey program if you do get them.
Tom
Shoot me an email at: dekas@amcapla.com my work as a reminder right on that Monday after or there abouts. I think I am taking Thursday off to head on up. Then I am taking Monday after off. Thus I might be back to work on Tuesday latest Wednesday after the event is the current plan. Thus I will give you the amount. No fancy shipping- regular envelope with some cardboard, thru the postal machine. I absolutely am not looking for a profit from anyone. I will probably go down the long steep hill to the first guy I see, buy about 5 of them for anyone (my limit). Then walk back to the car and put them in the trunk. Then back down to the event! Before I get tired!!!!!!!! I don't like carrying one of them around all day, let alone 5 or so! Guys anymore than 5 or so. It aint going to happen, too much work. Thus post up like I did for another guy to coordinate some more. I need my cash for vendors row. I hope the new 1/18 TSM Greenwood car is out and the manufacturer is there again. PS if it is cool like I suspect. I will buy the one I am working on, and I don't mind getting another. I can cut out articles and stuff. Or maybe someone I know wants one or I could take it and get it signed at Monterey (for me). That would be interesting.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-21-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 AM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I just got home after 4 days of fantastic fun at Road America and got a program...

...for TCracingCA. You need to send me an email or PM with a mailing address and I'll get this out to you ASAP. The event was a blast as usual and I actually got to look around the paddock area more than normal. I took over 200+ photographs and will post the more interesting Corvette related ones tomorrow. Happy to help out a fellow enthusiast.

Thomas
Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default That is cool!

I sent the PM. How was the reception for your beautiful car?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Bill Morrison, who is lining up 5th on the cover of the program in the Tero Corvette, was at the Hawk racing his Corvette for the 50th year. Had a good run in the all Corvette race!!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default I have the three extra programs from Monterey!

Thus as soon as the PM activity dies down, I will PM those individuals!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Feature Car At Road America

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Feature Car At Road America