C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63' Seat Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 01:50 PM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 63' Seat Woes...

Well, to start with I have got a handle on the carpet/seat belt install, and many thanks to the guys who put pictures up and offered advise. I have had to do a lot of cut, trim and adjustment to get it all to fit perfect but it is looking good and I'm about 80% done.

I am now tackling one seat in an effort to understand the resto process for it. I already have the seat rebuild kit from corvette America. I have also viewed the process from CA that another Forum member posted (Thanks) and understand it.

PROBLEM: My 63' seat bottom has all the parts welded in place so I cannot do as CA says and remove the seat adjuster etc. Everything appears to be factory crimped and welded. Is this the way the 63' seat came? I did have what I think was the original foam and burlap in the seat, as the foam was stamped with the GM P/N and "63", plus the burlap had a lot of fine wire throughout the has been corroded away, and the burlap is tied up with twine, not wire as is in the kit.

I'm not sure I have a specific question as yet, I'm still trying to figure out what I am going to do. If someone has any suggestions or comments on what they ran across with their seat rebuild, I am all

Quick Reply: 63' Seat Woes...