C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Is there difference on new and old original heather cores?

Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Is there any difference on new and old original heather cores?

I bought a new heather core for a factory AC car and the heather core is 9 inches long(see pic below)

The old one on the pic below is for a non AC car and it is 11 inches long and does not fit the inner heather box for non AC cars

I thought the AC heather core was bigger than the non AC heather core so strange that the heather core for AC cars are smaller or have i got this wrong so AC heather cores are smaller?
One more thing is that the old heather core for a AC car since it does not fit the inner non AC heather box?

New heather core to the left and old heather core to the right on the pic below(quite a big difference)
The new AC heather core fit the non AC inner heather box perfect so perhaps i have gotten the wrong heather core when i ordered one for a factory AC car?

Last edited by TheSaint; 07-14-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,928 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Roger the original AC core is 9 inches long
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM
ragtopman
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Pics of 'Heather'.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Rokndad
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ragtopman
Pics of 'Heather'.
I was waiting to check her out as well. Just did my 67 w/ A/C and my core is definitely smaller than my neighbor's same car without A/C. I would've thought it would be the other way around.

Tom
Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

My car is a factory AC car but the outer and inner box was cut off so i had to look for the outer AC box and evaporator(factory AC parts is almost impossible to find)

I am putting back the factory Ac parts on my car but i still have not found the inner AC box(some owners before me did cut the inner box as well as the outer box)
The heather core and inner box in the pictures is not for an AC car
I can not understand why this heather core does not fit the non AC heather box since the heather core is supposed to fit this inner heather box

The plate where the heather core straps to

I have all of the factory AC parts that is placed in the engine compartment ready but i am missing the original inner AC box(LIC sells a new inner AC heather box but i do not know if it is a quality part?)

Last edited by TheSaint; 07-15-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Rokndad
Racer

"I have all of the factory AC parts that is placed in the engine compartment ready but i am missing the original inner AC box(LIC sells a new inner AC heather box but i do not know if it is a quality part?)"

Roger,
I wouldn't hesitate to buy that inner A/C box from Long Island Corvette. They've always sent me good parts and if something didn't fit, follow their rules about returns and you get the refund or replacement part very timely.
For help in future orders, it's "heater" not "heather". Heather is a girl I know.
Regards,
Tom
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I have also bought a lot of parts from Long Island and all of the parts have been great

When it comes to the inner AC box they refuse to ship it to Europe, only to my address in the US because of freight damage
They also told me that the freight warranty is only valid shipping from them to my US address in New Jersey(i have no problem understanding that because when it is delivered at my US address the package is delivered to me)

But since they will not ship the inner AC heather box to Europe makes me think is this part so very fragile and because of that not a real good quality part?

Last edited by TheSaint; 07-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Rokndad
Racer

Originally Posted by TheSaint
I have also bought a lot of parts from Long Island and all of the parts have been great

When it comes to the inner AC box they refuse to ship it to Europe, only to my address in the US because of freight damage
They also told me that the freight warranty is only valid shipping from them to my US address in New Jersey(i have no problem understanding that because when it is delivered at my US address the package is delivered to me)

But since they will not ship the inner AC heather box to Europe makes me think is this part so very fragile and because of that not a real good quality part?
The part is indeed fragile. My original 67 w/ A/C is very fragile and I chipped the defroster duct while cleaning it. It's not like an eggshell but has parts that can break or snap off while handling and cleaning the unit. I wouldn't hesitate to order it. Not cheap either.
Keep us posted Roger.
Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Is there difference on new and old original heather cores?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there difference on new and old original heather cores?