C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Header leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:25 AM
mspry
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Header leak

Last night I was enjoying our car get together when the clouds started rolling in. We happened to be at a Walmart parking lot in Elizabeth City NC. Well, my header always gets me soaked in a good down pour. I never leave home without a towel or two. I decided to take someone's advice and bought some 1/2 inch self sticking weatherstripping. It turned out to be the best 2 dollars I spent this year on the vette. NO Water inside whatsoever. I know many of us get wet one time or another so now I keep a roll in the back just in case! Let it rain!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:53 PM
kingwoodvette
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

I have kept a strip of the adhesive weatherstrip installed across my soft top header for the last couple of years. In addition to helping keep water out, also does a good job on air , hot or cold, on the highway. Cheap, easy, effective
Old 06-29-2013, 03:49 PM
RMBLROAR
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mspry
Last night I was enjoying our car get together when the clouds started rolling in. We happened to be at a Walmart parking lot in Elizabeth City NC. Well, my header always gets me soaked in a good down pour. I never leave home without a towel or two. I decided to take someone's advice and bought some 1/2 inch self sticking weatherstripping. It turned out to be the best 2 dollars I spent this year on the vette. NO Water inside whatsoever. I know many of us get wet one time or another so now I keep a roll in the back just in case! Let it rain!
Pictures?????

Get notified of new replies

To Header leak

Quick Reply: Header leak