C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need pic of 64 original oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Gettysburg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need pic of 64 original oil pan

Does anyone have an image of an original 64 oil pan? (250-300)
Non-PS if that makes a difference.

I crawled under my 64 tonight just to check things out. I noticed my shiny, non-scuffed, flawlessly painted oil pan. It still had its legible shiny gold sticker................."Made in Taiwan". (Bubba's Step-Brother must of been here )

I should have a few pans in another storage area, but I don't know if I still have the one off my old 64. I might have to hunt for an original. Haven't had time for Taiwan parts since my buddy had his chrome plating business. We chromed only genuine GM parts. Although those off-shore parts put a dent in our business (Except for the Corvette guys). They would take forever checking the parts and reciting parts numbers

Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by gettysburg
Does anyone have an image of an original 64 oil pan? (250-300)
Non-PS if that makes a difference.

I crawled under my 64 tonight just to check things out. I noticed my shiny, non-scuffed, flawlessly painted oil pan. It still had its legible shiny gold sticker................."Made in Taiwan". (Bubba's Step-Brother must of been here )

I should have a few pans in another storage area, but I don't know if I still have the one off my old 64. I might have to hunt for an original. Haven't had time for Taiwan parts since my buddy had his chrome plating business. We chromed only genuine GM parts. Although those off-shore parts put a dent in our business (Except for the Corvette guys). They would take forever checking the parts and reciting parts numbers

Thanks,
Paul
Looks like the photos below; Keen Parts makes a perfect reproduction.
Attached Images    
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Gettysburg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, JohnZ...............It took you a whole 10 minutes to reply to my inquiry. Sincere Thanks. I sort of thought that the original had the centered drain plug.

Get notified of new replies

To Need pic of 64 original oil pan

Quick Reply: Need pic of 64 original oil pan