C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Splash Shield Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 PM
HeyMark
Supporting Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Splash Shield Install Help

I'm installing the outer splash shields on our '66 coupe. I understand that they bolt to the bottom of the inner fenders in two locations. What do they attach to toward the side of the car? Is there some type of bracket along the side that I am missing? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 PM
5thvet
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

If you are referring to the splash shields at the base of the rear section of the fenders, if I recall correctly there are 4 bolts and the innermost rear connector is an L shaped bracket.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:44 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyMark
I'm installing the outer splash shields on our '66 coupe. I understand that they bolt to the bottom of the inner fenders in two locations. What do they attach to toward the side of the car? Is there some type of bracket along the side that I am missing? Thanks.
See your Assembly Manual, UPC 11/13, sheets A2 and A3; the two horizontal screws at the front go through the inner fender into weld nuts on the vertical flange of the shield, and the two vertical screws on the outboard edge go up through the flange on the bottom of the side fender panel into two weld nuts on the shield.

Get notified of new replies

To Splash Shield Install Help

Quick Reply: Splash Shield Install Help