C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

c2 headlight adjusyment HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
carlisle61
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default c2 headlight adjusyment HELP

I had both headlight buckets out in order to paint the car. They are now back in and all hooked up. Everything works except one closes perfectly and the other does not. I think I have the Y stop misaligned. Is it possible to change that Y stop without taking everything apart? If so any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Sure, just reach under there with a 7/16" wrench and adjust the stop bolts. If the close stop is wrong, then the open stop will probably be wrong as well. The Y stop has about 4 splines that you can set it on, so you almost always have to adjust, if you miss the spline it was on before.
This is a job that should have been done before mounting the motors, but you can still do it, you will just have to roll the motors up and down, until you get it right.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 613 Likes on 368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '09, '15

Originally Posted by John McGraw
Sure, just reach under there with a 7/16" wrench and adjust the stop bolts. If the close stop is wrong, then the open stop will probably be wrong as well. The Y stop has about 4 splines that you can set it on, so you almost always have to adjust, if you miss the spline it was on before.
This is a job that should have been done before mounting the motors, but you can still do it, you will just have to roll the motors up and down, until you get it right.

Regards, John McGraw
Yup. Just doing this today. I had my lights out for some other stuff. If you put the hood on, I would take it back off. I would never have gotten my big melon head down there to see with the hood on.
Tom

Get notified of new replies

To c2 headlight adjusyment HELP

Quick Reply: c2 headlight adjusyment HELP