C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

65 Parking Brake Warning Light

Old 03-26-2013, 02:41 AM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Default 65 Parking Brake Warning Light

I plan to replace the burned out parking brake warning light in my instrument cluster by removing the four screws and installing two studs at the lower edges. Will I have to remove the speedo and tach cables from the gages or should there be enough slack in the cables to pull back the cluster w/o removing the connections? What about the tan wire at the parking brake switch connection? Should this be removed or is there normally enough slack? How far back must the cluster be moved to access the sockets/bulbs?

Regards,
Dave K.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM
LB66383
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

IMHO you're going to have to disconnect the speedo and tach cables and the oil pressure line. Some things can be gotten to by just pulling the cluster out a little bit, but the parking brake bulb is at the top of the cluster and there isn't much room to work back there. If there's anything else you want to get done in the cluster, you might as well pull it out all the way and do it all. (Commonly known as "project creep.")

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 65 Parking Brake Warning Light