C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Paint colors

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint colors

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get factory paint color chip cards just for a couple colors. I need chip card for 64 Silver Blue and 65-66 Nassau Blue. Car is 64 daytona blue but was a light blue from factory and I want to see if it is a 64 for sure because kinda looks nassau blue but would need cards to be sure. Thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

What is on the trim tag
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
What is on the trim tag
No trim or vin tag wich is strange. Same owner for prob. 40 years
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

You are looking under the glove box for the tags right. Does the car have a state issued vin tag
Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

You are looking under the glove box for the tags right. Does the car have a state issued vin tag
Yes looked under glove box and no vin just title. Just for sh ts and grins I looked at mine and discovered I have no trim tag and my vin tag looks a little strange. But I knew my car was totaled when new or close to it and I am not trying to win any awards or sell it.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Tread lightly with those cars. Hope for your sake they are not stolen
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 AM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Tread lightly with those cars. Hope for your sake they are not stolen
One car is not mine but was owned by the same owner as mine in the 60s. I inherited my car from my mother whom has owned it since the late 60s early 70s. I got the title out and checked the numbers on title and and vin tag and they match on mine. The story I got was my car fell off a car hauler in 65-67 and damaged bad enough to need new frame. I pulled body and had sandblasted and found no numbers but I know it is 65-67 frame because it has disk brake front and rear. The cars where raced and my factory motor is long gone but motor that was in it is a 63-64 327 300hp. I am in the process of rebuilding mine but I am not trying to keep it stock or represent it as anything its not and dont plan to ever sell it. I now just having some fun trying to solve some stories I got. I love mysteries.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 PM
bobsor
Intermediate

Actual C2 paint chips are available from the NCRS store for $9.00;
http://www.ncrs.org/shop/index.php?m...roducts_id=272

Corvette Paint Color Chips 1963-1972
larger image
Corvette Paint Color Chips 1963-1972
Non-member Price: $9.95
NCRS Member Price: $9.00

By long-time NCRS member Charles Cotropia. This handy booklet has 84 individual exterior color chips, exterior paint codes, color stats, manufacturer's paint codes (refinishing codes), and interior trim codes for all 1963-1972 Corvettes.

If you are considering a purchase- it's a neat way to know what colors were available for each model year and choose your favorite.

It's VERY important to note that these paint color chips are made of actual paint. There have been a few books in recent years that (vainly) attempted to reproduce these exterior Corvette colors using printers ink. Those books were useful if you plan on somehow painting your car with ink...!

Originally Posted by TOM WILLARD
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get factory paint color chip cards just for a couple colors. I need chip card for 64 Silver Blue and 65-66 Nassau Blue. Car is 64 daytona blue but was a light blue from factory and I want to see if it is a 64 for sure because kinda looks nassau blue but would need cards to be sure. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Paint colors

Quick Reply: Paint colors