C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

power steering leak 1967

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
blitz10
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default power steering leak 1967

I moved my 67 from the garage to the shop and noticed oil spots on the drive. Parked in the shop and later checked, puddle of PS fluid under car. Cleaned it up and the puddle reappeared later in the day. It is leaking with the car not running. The reservoir is almost empty now. Before I get started on it, is there any clue to what might be bad with the car not running and still leaking? Hoses I hope. It has been several months since I have driven the car and there was no oil leak in the garage when I moved it out.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
ooh yeah
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz10
I moved my 67 from the garage to the shop and noticed oil spots on the drive. Parked in the shop and later checked, puddle of PS fluid under car. Cleaned it up and the puddle reappeared later in the day. It is leaking with the car not running. The reservoir is almost empty now. Before I get started on it, is there any clue to what might be bad with the car not running and still leaking? Hoses I hope. It has been several months since I have driven the car and there was no oil leak in the garage when I moved it out.
I have the same problem sometimes depends on how often I drive it. I installed new lines they can be a PITA to stop leaking. use a good set of hose wrenches it helps to get the hoses tight.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Mike67nv
Melting Slicks

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

PS hoses are notorious for leaking but mine was leaking from the ram cylinder. The best thing to do is to wipe the hoses, connections, and all components as clean as possible and look for the leak. It could be a hose, the valve, the ram cylinder or the reservoir. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To power steering leak 1967

Quick Reply: power steering leak 1967