C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Rear Spring

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 AM
jimstingray57
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spring

I have been reading the posts related to the rear spring, and I have a question concerning which place to get one. My 64 is a stock 327/365 Vert and for the last 22 years I have had the fiberglass mono shock on the rear and put the monoshock setup on the front also. I would like to go back to the original standard 9 leaf spring and keep the front set up the way it is. Now for my question, I have heard a lot about eaton (i think thats the name) springs, but I have also heard Long island corvette has a spring that is the same as original except no logo and not show quality but ride height is suppose to be the same as original for $145.00. Has anyone bought one of these? I deal with Lic quite a bit but would like some of your expertise on this. Also what kind of rear shocks would be good for a decent ride without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance and there is nothing better than asking the ones that not only know but have already gone through this.
Jim
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 613 Likes on 368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '09, '15

I have a fiberglass rear spring so I can't answer directly. Eaton is mentioned on here allot as a good source for a rear spring. Do a search for "rear spring" or "Eaton" and I'm sure you will find your answer.

Tom
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
jimstingray57
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tom,

I appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Jefjak
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am currently having my suspension including leaf spring replaced on my '65 365. The shop i am working with, who specializes in Corvette Restorations, said that Eaton springs sit too high, so he prefers the ones that are "Made in India" - from CC or Paragon I believe.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 AM
A-Snake
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jefjak
I am currently having my suspension including leaf spring replaced on my '65 365. The shop i am working with, who specializes in Corvette Restorations, said that Eaton springs sit too high, so he prefers the ones that are "Made in India" - from CC or Paragon I believe.
Jefjak,
Have you read this thread?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...r-replace.html
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

You might also get in touch with Eaton, they will restore your original spring as well. They don't just "re-arch" your old spring, they'll actually re-temper it as well assuming it's a suitable candidate for restoration. Cost should be in the neighborhood of purchasing one of their replacement springs I think, but you'd have to check.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Jefjak
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A-Snake
Thanks - i did see that thread. Definitely a difference of opinion on which is better/ more accurate in terms of ride height. Turns out my spring is original, so i will be restoring mine rather than have to try to figure out which repor spring is better!

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Spring

Quick Reply: Rear Spring