C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Removing 67 dash

Old 01-19-2013, 06:23 PM
djkocer@gmail.com
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing 67 dash

Currently have the center console, stiring column, instrument cluster, and glove box removed...can't figure out how the dash comes out. I have yet to look at the manual but if someone out there can give me a quick explanation it would be much appreciated.

Dave
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 PM
ooh yeah
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you drill the rivets out on each side, if I remember I think there are 5 on each side. Also under the dash there are a few nuts that need removed. Use the AIM you wont have any problems. If you need pictures I probabaly have some. Does your car have AC? if so you need to remove all that ducting. Good luck
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Also the center dash section is bonded to the top of the transmission tunnel. A putty knife can separate it with a rap from a hammer.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by djkocer@gmail.com
Currently have the center console, stiring column, instrument cluster, and glove box removed...can't figure out how the dash comes out. I have yet to look at the manual but if someone out there can give me a quick explanation it would be much appreciated.

Dave
Do you have the Assembly Manual? It's all shown in detail in UPC 1-Bolt/Weld, sheet A9; five pop rivets at each end, ten bolts across the top, and a blob of bond at the bottom center.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Do you have the Assembly Manual? It's all shown in detail in UPC 1-Bolt/Weld, sheet A9; five pop rivets at each end, ten bolts across the top, and a blob of bond at the bottom center.
Yep should look like this when you pull it out..

Get notified of new replies

To Removing 67 dash

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing 67 dash