C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

need 62 seat picture

Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 AM
GEM '62
Drifting

Received 581 Likes on 229 Posts

Default need 62 seat picture

A couple weeks ago, someone ask, what side the seat adjustment lever is on a 62. My car had them on the inside when I bought it and when I recovered the seats using the Al Knoch video I followed the instruction to put the lever on the inside. After reading the thread I found that the lever should be on the outside. I am about to switch the seats but I think I will also need to remove and switch the back rests on the seat bottoms. I believe the long straight side of the back should go toward the inside next to the glove box. Does anyone have a picture of the 62 seats in the car with the deck lid open? I don't want to get this wrong again.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

The seat backs are curved across the top to fit properly within the arc of the decklid. If the backs are swapped to the wrong side, they will arc towards the center of the car and leave a gap at the top of the seat nearest the decklid latch.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Jermo
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

hope this helps you, here are a couple of my 62

Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

I believe the long straight side of the back should go toward the inside next to the glove box
That is correct. It's called the "high side".

Mike Coletta
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

If you look at the pass side seat especially, you can see how the curve of the seat back follows the deck lid, and also the lever placement.

Paul

Old 01-05-2013, 05:26 PM
GEM '62
Drifting

Received 581 Likes on 229 Posts

Thanks, guys, for the good pics. I had it right but just wanted to double check. Jerry, I see your top sits to the outside and does not contact the seat. My top hits the seat very hard, the top fits well when it is up but I can't put the seat all the way back without hitting the top on both driver and passenger side.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by GEM '62
Thanks, guys, for the good pics. I had it right but just wanted to double check. Jerry, I see your top sits to the outside and does not contact the seat. My top hits the seat very hard, the top fits well when it is up but I can't put the seat all the way back without hitting the top on both driver and passenger side.
I can see a couple of nicks in the rear seat corner where the top has been in contact with the seat. Mine does the same thing when the seat is all the way back (normal position for me).

Some guys put old socks over the top "arms", to protect the seats. Mine were nicked when I got the car, and have lasted this long (going on 14 years).

Since there is some fore/aft adjustment of the top (to properly mate to the windshield), some cars will have more contact than others.

Plasticman
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GEM '62
My '62 is in winter storage off site, so unfortunately I can't take a pic for you, but I drive with my driver's seat all the way back and my seat doesn't hit the top.

Paul
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

try these

Wally Knoch

Last edited by Ironcross; 01-05-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To need 62 seat picture

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need 62 seat picture