C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

First Z-06's leave St. Louis

Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 PM
mdz06vetter
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Made my Z06 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 AM
tyoneal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr L-88
Ran across this neat video of the first 3 Z-06's leaving St. Louis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RN6wqaZFTY
--------------------------------------------------
Very enjoyable!

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 AM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Even with the drag race and Dodge references in the lyrics, "Shut Down" was an excellent sound track choice. I had the pleasure of leading a pack of Corvetttes on the full Riverside track for several laps with open headers on the "Last Day at Riverside", it was on a 4th of July in 1984 or thereabouts.

Remember seeing MacDonald's car, restored with a recreation of the fender hump paint accents at Guldstrand's old Thunder Alley shop maybe 20 years ago. And Vic Edelbrock has the Bondurant car in his collection with a repro "swiss cheesed" frame and at least one engine built by the original Washburn Chevrolet race tuner Bob Joehnck.

Bought some Velvetouch Metallic linings for my car's drums from Mickey Thompson around 1969 from Mickey Thompson in Long Beach and met Allen Grant in Portland, Oregon in the '80s when we shared a rental car bus. Have their Z06s been found?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by sub006
Even with the drag race and Dodge references in the lyrics, "Shut Down" was an excellent sound track choice. I had the pleasure of leading a pack of Corvetttes on the full Riverside track for several laps with open headers on the "Last Day at Riverside", it was on a 4th of July in 1984 or thereabouts.

Remember seeing MacDonald's car, restored with a recreation of the fender hump paint accents at Guldstrand's old Thunder Alley shop maybe 20 years ago. And Vic Edelbrock has the Bondurant car in his collection with a repro "swiss cheesed" frame and at least one engine built by the original Washburn Chevrolet race tuner Bob Joehnck.

Bought some Velvetouch Metallic linings for my car's drums from Mickey Thompson around 1969 from Mickey Thompson in Long Beach and met Allen Grant in Portland, Oregon in the '80s when we shared a rental car bus. Have their Z06s been found?
I believe that all of the original (Riverside/big tank) Z06s have been found and are currently Vintage racing. Tom McIntyre owns and Vintage races the Mickey Thompson "Mystery Engine" big block car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Z-06's leave St. Louis