C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Keisler delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:48 PM
TheGanzman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, *I* will be "taking MY chances" and queuing up for an SS700 VERY shortly; Rome wasn't built in a DAY (though it DID burn down in one...). Nice work to both KE and Legend on this FANTASTIC transmission!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 AM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 616 Likes on 359 Posts

Well its now 6 weeks from the last time I posted on the subject of delivery. At that time it was 4 months waiting period. Anyone seeing times shorten or lengthen, or what?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
rehirsch8
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was scheduled to be built this week but on hold due to a shortage of parts. Hopefully the problem clears up soon. My salesman has been responsive communicating the situation which helps me plan the rest of my build.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
63 C6
Advanced

Originally Posted by rehirsch8
Mine was scheduled to be built this week but on hold due to a shortage of parts. Hopefully the problem clears up soon. My salesman has been responsive communicating the situation which helps me plan the rest of my build.

Ya they have been great with relaxing me excuses but that's all i got so far is delays and excuses. I ordered mine dec 4 th and still havent got it. Last week they told me it was ready to ship now they say its set to be built. Even if they tell u its coming dont believe them.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 63 C6
Ya they have been great with relaxing me excuses but that's all i got so far is delays and excuses. I ordered mine dec 4 th and still havent got it. Last week they told me it was ready to ship now they say its set to be built. Even if they tell u its coming dont believe them.
You do know that you can stop your order and go with someone or something else right.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Well it looks like the company back to the old tricks again. Parts shortages is a logistical planning problem. Either they did not order enough or they did not order in time. So in 6 weeks his delivery schedule has slipped another month and is back over 5 months and heading higher. That does not sound like a company that has learned anything over the years. Same problems, different product. I wonder what the excuse is now?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Keisler Automotive
Racer

Originally Posted by TC233
Well it looks like the company back to the old tricks again. Parts shortages is a logistical planning problem. Either they did not order enough or they did not order in time. So in 6 weeks his delivery schedule has slipped another month and is back over 5 months and heading higher. That does not sound like a company that has learned anything over the years. Same problems, different product. I wonder what the excuse is now?
Do you actually have a transmission on order? Or are you sympathetic to our left coast competitor above you that likes to cause trouble with KE. He has been banned from posting without moderation and I'm sure the mods won't have a problem doing it again if he can't mind his own business.

There are no "tricks" here ... we adjust our delivery estimates based on LGT's shipping status plus 6 weeks safety margin. We don't make the transmission gearing, cases, etc. - this stuff comes from LGT to us in component form and we custom build each one based on the customer order and vehicle type.

If a paying customer feels like they are not getting an adequate status update, please contact me. My information is below.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Keisler Automotive
Racer

Originally Posted by 63 C6
Please email me at shafi.keisler@keislerauto.com and I will personally handle your status update from here out. Apparently, the communication to you is not clear and I will fix that.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Keisler Automotive
Racer

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
You do know that you can stop your order and go with someone or something else right.
You should leave this thread. If you don't, I will have you bounced ... again. I'm sure that people know where they can get substandard results, and that's why they ordered from us.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Keisler Automotive
Racer

Originally Posted by TheGanzman
FWIW, *I* will be "taking MY chances" and queuing up for an SS700 VERY shortly; Rome wasn't built in a DAY (though it DID burn down in one...). Nice work to both KE and Legend on this FANTASTIC transmission!
Thanks for the props. We have many dozens of good people like you that understand this is no small undertaking. In fact, it is a privately funded, multi-million dollar venture that was undertaken at my request to better serve the market.

These cars have managed a long time without an overdrive, and a few more weeks, or months is not going to make a difference for *most* people. There are exceptions, like people with real heavy situations like terminal cancer. We have had a few of these and have stepped up to put them ahead of others so they can enjoy their time remaining on Earth with loved ones, passing on something of memorable experience or value to another.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Keisler Automotive
Do you actually have a transmission on order? Or are you sympathetic to our left coast competitor above you that likes to cause trouble with KE. He has been banned from posting without moderation and I'm sure the mods won't have a problem doing it again if he can't mind his own business.

There are no "tricks" here ... we adjust our delivery estimates based on LGT's shipping status plus 6 weeks safety margin. We don't make the transmission gearing, cases, etc. - this stuff comes from LGT to us in component form and we custom build each one based on the customer order and vehicle type.

If a paying customer feels like they are not getting an adequate status update, please contact me. My information is below.
No I do not have a transmission on order. The reason was stated here I was waiting for things to meet YOUR expectations. You were all apologetic for many years of delays with other transmissions and this time it was going to be different. In fact when people suggested you were being over optimistic because it was not your track record. I believe you pulled the "just watch us" card.

Well we are. So far it looks like this project is going down the road of the past ones.

Sympathetic to other transmission builders? I am neither associated with, know, am friends with, know anyone in the business, or have any association with any transmission builder. To that I swear.

You now are threatening paid forum members with being banned? How does that occur. Does freedom of speech only extend to advertisers?
I will watch this closely as I am sure the mods are too.

There is no reason to recap this from the start, many forum members here watched how people were being admonished for raising up "the old ways" and were to now concentrate on the new and faster Keisler.

What happened? Its never your fault, its always the other guy, is there a master conspiracy afoot to shaft your company personally? You lauded your supplier as being an on time deliverer of parts? What happened? The union between you and Legend was to be a "trend setting" union ? Do you ever expect to be able to deliver in less then 2 months like you expected or will it be another never ending run of new excuses? How did the "well greased, extra manpower machine, go from 6 week delivery expectations to what appears to be something moving back to 6 months again? Please read post 28 of this thread Shafi.

Last edited by TC233; 05-07-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 PM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

You should leave this thread. If you don't, I will have you bounced ... again. I'm sure that people know where they can get substandard results, and that's why they ordered from us.
For the owners of this board. How does a paid advertiser get a paid member bounced? Who's board is this, the members or the advertisers? This is the first I have ever heard of this, if true this is absolutely wrong!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 PM
myred63
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TC233
For the owners of this board. How does a paid advertiser get a paid member bounced? Who's board is this, the members or the advertisers? This is the first I have ever heard of this, if true this is absolutely wrong!
I am in agreement with you TC233. KE is acting like they own this thread.
I have seen nothing else like this with my brief time as a member of
this forum.

rgds
Peter
Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 856 Likes on 627 Posts

The sun comes up in the morning and goes down at night. Some things will never change. I have never, nor will ever buy anything from this company, but do read threads where they are involved, hoping that they get their act together, as has been promised for years. Really hope this tranny is as good as hyped. Instead, all I ever see is the same childish bullying and excuse making that has gone on for 10+ years. There is a reason so many people are hesitant to deal with you, or are quick to bash you Keisler. Who's fault do you think that is? You don't need anybody else to cause you trouble, as with your latest posts in this thread, you cause plenty to yourself without help. You are right, people do know where they can go to get substandard results. Do you really think that threatening posters on this forum is going to make anyone want to do business with you? Really unbelieveable!

Go ahead and throw this post in with the bunch that you will report to the moderators, but the only thing that will end all this is for something to change. Will let you figure out what that is.

Bill

Last edited by 69ttop502; 05-07-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

You should leave this thread. If you don't, I will have you bounced ... again.
Name:  finemess1.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  23.3 KB

"Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" -Oliver Hardy's famous quote in the 1930 film "Another Fine Mess" as reiterated in the amazing post above from Keisler
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 AM
daz_au
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

I am interested in an SS700 and I dont think the threads about shipping delays will deter me. If people came on here saying the boxes dont fit or dont shift right or spontaneously explode at half their rated torque, that would be another story. To me all this says two things about KE :

1) They are not compromising quality/testing to speed delivery
2) Demand is way exceeding supply

For me, both of these are at least an indication that once you eventually get your transmission, it probably wont let you down, people seem to be waiting in line for a decent product (just an observation, no actual experience implied).

While I feel sorry for people that were told a date and have waited much longer, this has been happening so long that a 5 second google search on KE probably would have prepared them for that. Kind of like how I set my expectations on wait time when visiting the local DMV
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not say anything wrong just pointing out the facts. That if a person does not feel in there own mind that they are being treated correctly there are other places to go that will gladly accept there hard earned money.

So I think it is time that you start with the Decaff Coffee.

Get notified of new replies

To Keisler delivery

Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I have no dog in this fight, but like others, monitor what is going on. Sometime I may be interested in this product for my 66BB. Comments like this are very poor customer service, and do not cast a positive light on this company....just my .02!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Rons65
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I rarely ever get in the middle of anything especially on this forum, however, I have watched the Keisler products, issues and excuses since the beginning a number of years ago. While it may be a great product, having the leader of a vendor threaten people on this forum is just poor judgement and quite frankly, inexcusable.

I was considering putting one of these trans in my 67, however, as good as they may be I will be looking elsewhere for a vendor or not buy at all with Shafi's comments/threats. Wow, this is 2013 and yes, we do have a choice of vendors!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

No dog in the fight either...

I have yet to see a complaint about the product yet though... lets let cool heads prevail (on both sides)... no need to call out anyone specifically, as I am sure those on the Keisler side are doing everything they can to get the product out.

At least you are getting e-mails saying you are being delayed... Try ordering parts from The Rifle Shop... 3 years later you'd still be waiting...

Quick Reply: Keisler delivery