C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 inspection in British Columbia

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 AM
ricmac74
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C2 inspection in British Columbia

I am in the process of buying a 1965, roadster in B C. The car is registered and titled in NV. I was told was always in the family and all numbers are matching. Does anyone know of an inspection service or a member in the Seattle or B C area who does this? Thank you for any help.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I am in BC. Big province tho. What area are you looking in?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
ricmac74
Cruising

Default Inspection in Prince George B

A town called Prince George, I thought it was close to Vancouver but it's not even close. In the northeast area of the province.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Prince George is wayyyy north of me. About 12 hrs. A city of 71000 but a long ways from anywhere
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Sorry man, wrong side of the country for me. Prince George is a VERY strange place to find a classic Corvette. Wonder how it got up there?

Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM
ricmac74
Cruising

Yeah, couldn't believe it myself. Being sold by some chick with eastern European accent. Hard to pass up numbers matching, in mid twenties. My wife figures it was used to sumugle meth. If it is too good to be true, it most likely is. Regardless no money changes hands without inspection. Thanks for the offer. People in this forum are special. God willing and the creek don't rise I will soon be a member, with a corvette. As of now just a wanna be. Rick
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ricmac74
Yeah, couldn't believe it myself. Being sold by some chick with eastern European accent. Hard to pass up numbers matching, in mid twenties. My wife figures it was used to sumugle meth. If it is too good to be true, it most likely is. Regardless no money changes hands without inspection. Thanks for the offer. People in this forum are special. God willing and the creek don't rise I will soon be a member, with a corvette. As of now just a wanna be. Rick
That sounds to me like a big scam. They're betting that no fool is going to venture up to the boonies to inspect a non existent car, and that everything will be done on the phone or email. A chick with an east European accent huh???

Hope you get lucky, and it's a beautiful part of Canada if all you get is to take the trip.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

I don't think you'll find any super deals in Prince George just because it's out of the way. It's still a decent sized city and guys there know what stuff is worth. Lots of hot rods and car guys there.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
iluvhockey
Advanced

I agree I doubt you will find a deal up there. Up here in caanda C2 vette market values are higher and people know it. You can contact
Dan Vandenbrink of the Northern BC corevtte club in Prince George to see. There might also be an NCRS member in the area too.

If you like I also have a co-worker who is flying up there for work for a few dsay to see if the vette is real or not. BUt he is not a vette expert.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 inspection in British Columbia

Quick Reply: C2 inspection in British Columbia