C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need recommendation on body/restoration shop in Austin, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
archtech
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need recommendation on body/restoration shop in Austin, Texas

My front knock off wheel came off while driving in my neighborhood.. low speed. My fender got messed up behind the wheel.. the panel with the grill, part of the inner fender, some cracks here and there too.... Insurance is covering it so thats the good news. The tough part is finding a place that knows how to fix this correctly... back to OEM specifications with bonding strips in the right place and aligned.

Anyone know of a shop that can fix this properly? Also who makes the best fiberglass... from what I read, press mold is the correct type, but a couple companies make them. Sermersheim I heard was a good one.

Might also end up getting the whole car painted so need recommendation on that too.

Thanks!
James
Old 10-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by archtech
My front knock off wheel came off while driving in my neighborhood.. low speed. My fender got messed up behind the wheel.. the panel with the grill, part of the inner fender, some cracks here and there too.... Insurance is covering it so thats the good news. The tough part is finding a place that knows how to fix this correctly... back to OEM specifications with bonding strips in the right place and aligned.

Anyone know of a shop that can fix this properly? Also who makes the best fiberglass... from what I read, press mold is the correct type, but a couple companies make them. Sermersheim I heard was a good one.

Might also end up getting the whole car painted so need recommendation on that too.

Thanks!
James
Send a PM to John McGraw. John lives in Austin and frequently posts on this forum. He also is a master builder/restorer. He should be able to help or provide advice.

Search under his name for contact info.

Larry

Quick Reply: Need recommendation on body/restoration shop in Austin, Texas