C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1964 Corvette Roadster on Street Shop C6 Chassis - Project Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

So you are happy with the reproduction console? Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 PM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 65silververt
So you are happy with the reproduction console? Thanks
They are not bad. The chrome is a little wavy but installed in the Corvette - that will not be seen. Overall - I am satisfied. I also purchased the Power Windows version and purchased the reproduction console switch - looks great (from Keen products)
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 AM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mark6669
I was at mikes shop on sunday the car is looking great.
Mark
Mark
Thanks! I get to see it tomorrow when i deliver the gauge cluster and shifter center console to Mike

Dan
www.vetterodder.com
www.facebook.com/vetterodder
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 PM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

The kids (no school), my Dad and I had the opportunity to see the Corvette today and drop off the parts that Mike will soon need to complete this RestoMod build. The color looks amazing to me but it is really hard to distinguish in the photographs under the bright sky. What has been done in 2 months is amazing but there is plenty of work left to complete in the next month and change. Given that my old 1958 Roadster took 4 years for my Dad and I to finish (with no comparison to the quality of this 64), I can wait another 30 to 45 days (Does that sound convincing enough???).

Here is my Dad:

....and my great kids...

Last edited by dcaggiani; 10-19-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Your timeline is very impressive, especially considering you have a full time job and two kids.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 65silververt
Your timeline is very impressive, especially considering you have a full time job and two kids.
I wish I could take all the credit but I cannot, had plenty of help. Street Shop of course built the rolling chassis and Mike Coletta is really the person I am thanking for the real hard work and great attention to detail in the restoration portion of this build.

I was fortunate to disassemble the Corvette and restore the dash, console (and design my own gauges), and glove box as well as take care of the powder coating and chrome project management.

The fun part was creating the design of the Corvette and seeing it come to life.

I keep following your build thread too - it's looking great !
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM
rickm2@tampabay.rr.c
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Mike! Rick M.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

My drooling just got a lot worse!!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

I have been very busy with the day job and have not had much time to post any updates lately. Fortunately for me however, Mike continues with the final assembly of the 64 Roadster.
It appears that I will have the Corvette completed by Thanksgiving – which is really wonderful.
The weather in Florida is nice and cool so driving this baby is going to be oh so much fun!!! Here are a couple of shots of the interior. There is a lot of wiring in this Vette with the A/C, cruise control unit, ECM for the LS3, the push button start electronics, and stereo. It is tight behind the dash.

Dan
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...-restomod.html

She is done!!!!!

Check out Mike Coletta's post for the final pictures. I will leave you with this teaser:

Dan
www.vetterodder.com
www.facebook.com/vetterodder
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
pw2006
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats! Now go out and enjoy that beast!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Will the car be at Daytona Turkey Rod Run or Kissimmee in January? Would love to see it in person, look's great in Pic's by the way.

Thanks,
R.J.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Beach Dude
Will the car be at Daytona Turkey Rod Run or Kissimmee in January? Would love to see it in person, look's great in Pic's by the way.

Thanks,
R.J.
RJ
Schedule is too tight to make it to Daytona. January is more likely on the weekend but haven't decided whether to visit the NCRS or just go to the Sunday Corvette show in Old Town. Stay in touch.

Dan
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 649 Likes on 278 Posts

The car looks great. How are the sidepipes tied into the rest of the exhausts system? Is there a valve to turn them on/off?
Thanks,
Ken
Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 PM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ksungela
The car looks great. How are the sidepipes tied into the rest of the exhausts system? Is there a valve to turn them on/off?
Thanks,
Ken
Ken
The side exhaust is for appearance only and does not tie into the exhaust system but could if I wanted to do so. I like the look but not the decibels. If I did tie it in, it would be with an electrical bypass and switch to toggle between side exhaust and rear exhaust.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 649 Likes on 278 Posts

Thanks, I'm with you on the look but don't want the loud sound all the time. The electric bypasses look like my answer.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

A quick update -
I took the Roadster out last weekend to stretch her legs on the highway and as soon as we exited the highway ramp - downshifting from 5th to 4th gear on the TKO600 (5-speed) I hear a "crunch-grind" noise. Crap!!!!

ARGH!!

Let me just state that the Roadster has only 2000 miles and is basically a weekend cruiser (NO ABUSE).

I have contacted the folks at American Power Train and they have been very helpful. It appears that the MFG has identified a problem with certain builds with the syncros.
They will be following up within a day or two so that we can agree to a warranty game plan.

Will keep everyone posted with details as they come in........

Get notified of new replies

To 1964 Corvette Roadster on Street Shop C6 Chassis - Project Update

Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
70mph@2200rpm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcaggiani
Ken
The side exhaust is for appearance only and does not tie into the exhaust system but could if I wanted to do so. I like the look but not the decibels. If I did tie it in, it would be with an electrical bypass and switch to toggle between side exhaust and rear exhaust.
I once spoke to Mark at S&P about that option with an LS3 and he stated that it would cause some problems because of the sensors. Not sure if he was correct, but I never checked with anyone else.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 PM
pw2006
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcaggiani
A quick update -
I took the Roadster out last weekend to stretch her legs on the highway and as soon as we exited the highway ramp - downshifting from 5th to 4th gear on the TKO600 (5-speed) I hear a "crunch-grind" noise. Crap!!!!

ARGH!!

Let me just state that the Roadster has only 2000 miles and is basically a weekend cruiser (NO ABUSE).

I have contacted the folks at American Power Train and they have been very helpful. It appears that the MFG has identified a problem with certain builds with the syncros.
They will be following up within a day or two so that we can agree to a warranty game plan.

Will keep everyone posted with details as they come in........
2000 miles, that is impressive! I've been working out a few gremlins with mine, one of them being a leaky front seal in my TKO-600. We have been waiting on parts for the clutch for several weeks, but it should be done either this afternoon or early next week. Keep us posted on what you find!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

i'm hoping to hear real world write up on how the car rides, handles and performs now with all new chassis and power line.

Quick Reply: 1964 Corvette Roadster on Street Shop C6 Chassis - Project Update