C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Interested in a new design headlight motor kit??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 PM
70mph@2200rpm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely great design, i'm in!
I'm also looking forward to the intermittent wiper motor.
GL
Old 08-14-2012, 01:38 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack
Keep me in mind for a WEST COAST user

How about a better ANTENNAE as one of your next projects...mine has a mind of its own...
Ha ha.....
Well I did do a power antennae on the 67.......I used a NAPA universal replacement and built the mounting brackets for it...works like a champ!!

Originally Posted by TheSaint
I noticed your hood hinges. Are you using gas shocks to hold up the hood?
Yes,

The hood it supported with two gas struts

R/
Jeff

Last edited by 1coolC2; 08-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 1coolC2
Ha ha.....
Well I did do a power antennae on the 67.......I used a NAPA universal replacement and built the mounting brackets for it...works like a champ!!

Yes,

The hood it supported with two gas struts

R/
Jeff

Same here, I use those cheap $39 Ebay universal power antennas on my cars, and have yet to have one malfunction.

Regards, John mcgraw
Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 PM
SLO 65
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

Count me in, I'm also willing to pay more if it's manufactured in the USA!

Nick
Old 08-14-2012, 06:14 PM
carlisle61
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm interested too.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Default Update

Well,
Just got off the phone with the owner/operator of the company that will be producing this kit. I will NOT be bringing a "demo" version with me to Carlisle. He was not comfortable with putting a beta version out to be looked at and to protect the design until he is ready to release the product (I can appreciate that). I am meeting with him in a few weeks to work out some details on the design and to discuss other business. He did state that his intention is to fast track it and get it into production as soon as possible.

Again, thanks for all of the great feedback and interest in this kit. I think it will be well received and provide a great option over the original design without having to permanently alter your original car. I will keep you all posted on the progress

R/
Jeff
Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 PM
tjstarduster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff, looks like a great design. I want a pair when they come out. Email me and put me on your list. TJS
Old 08-14-2012, 07:34 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 831 Likes on 575 Posts

Well,
Just got off the phone with the owner/operator of the company that will be producing this kit. I will NOT be bringing a "demo" version with me to Carlisle. He was not comfortable with putting a beta version out to be looked at and to protect the design until he is ready to release the product (I can appreciate that). I am meeting with him in a few weeks to work out some details on the design and to discuss other business. He did state that his intention is to fast track it and get it into production as soon as possible.

Again, thanks for all of the great feedback and interest in this kit. I think it will be well received and provide a great option over the original design without having to permanently alter your original car. I will keep you all posted on the progress

R/
Jeff

Thanks for the update....

CHRISTMAS IS COMING UP...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Gary 65
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Interested in a new design hedlight motor kit?

These seem to be the answer. I'm interested.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 PM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys, Jeff has come up with a great product that is going to be a great solution to one of the biggest problem areas on the midyear vette.
I think he was just trying to gauge interest in the product to help him make a decision if he really wants to invest the time, energy, and money to take a great idea from prototype model to ready for mass production product.

We need to be patient while he works out all the production details and decides on his marketing strategy, all of which takes a lot of time. I bet he probably will even want to get a few test units on some cars to see what problems might occur before going into production.

Jeff
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 AM
_Nomad_
Team Owner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
-'24

Ok gang, here is a quick video showing the headlights in operation. Its no professional commercial and was shot with my I-phone so don't expect anything pretty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaIpvRtFulw&feature=plcp

R/
Jeff
What if you want the parking lights or headlights on but the buckets down?

I like how fast and synchronized they are though.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Parking lights is easy. Just pull the headlight switch from off to the parking light position. Buckets are closed and the parking lights are on.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM
1coolC2
Drifting

The system allows normal function of just having the park lamps on by pulling the headlamp switch to its first position. Once you pull the switch all the way out to the headlamp "on" position the buckets will roll over and stay up until the switch is returned to the "off" position. If you go from headlamps "on" to the park position, the headlights will turn off and the buckets remain up with parking lamps lit (this works well when you approach security gates, going through drive thru or other conditions that you do not wish to blind people with light while not currently in a normal driving mode, this allows you to resume back to headlamps "on" without having to cycle the buckets.

I have received a couple of PM's asking about the option of having the headlamps "on" and the buckets down so you can light up the grill section. I'll be honest; I never really considered it because I am more of a "function" guy vice a "display" guy . If desired, you could certainly install a manual (aka rocker or toggle) switch in the 12v input signal wire prior to the motor controller that controls the bucket activation to achieve that result .

I would be happy to include where/how to do that in the final product wiring diagram so you have that option, however the kit would be produced/delivered to automatically activate the buckets when the headlamps are in the "on" position. The intention is to improve the operation of the motors and modernize/automate the overall headlight system by not requiring multiple switches to activate the headlights/buckets. So, bottom line...yes, you can do that!

R/
Jeff
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
1coolC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverslashstreak
Hey guys, Jeff has come up with a great product that is going to be a great solution to one of the biggest problem areas on the midyear vette.
I think he was just trying to gauge interest in the product to help him make a decision if he really wants to invest the time, energy, and money to take a great idea from prototype model to ready for mass production product.

We need to be patient while he works out all the production details and decides on his marketing strategy, all of which takes a lot of time. I bet he probably will even want to get a few test units on some cars to see what problems might occur before going into production.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I know you understand the process and I appreciate you chiming in. I would love to start boxing up a bunch of kits (which currently don't exist ) and send them out to you guys. But as I previously posted, I'm not in a position to manufacture a market quantity of the product, provide some kind of warranty, customer service and deal with marketing...I have a full time job. This is why I am working with a company that will produce this as a great product that you "the customer" can have confidence in...plus provide all of the things I mentioned above.

I'm really excited to provide this option to the C2 community and I am confident you will be pleased with how this company packages it into a final product. Thanks again for all of the support, I really appreciate all of your feedback.

R/
Jeff
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 AM
c66vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in for a set. My friend used Cadillac electric window motors for his 67 headlights.

Keep us posted.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:03 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

I have converted to daytime driving lights on my park lamps using LED`s(white light and amber turn signal)so i need the headlights to stay closed when the light switch is in park light only position and this is the way the headlights operate so that is great

I like how fast and synchronized the headlights operate
I think i need a set as well
Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 PM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 547 Likes on 315 Posts

Watching the video - that is one slick about as perfect as can be fast headlight open/close operation. .. NICE! .. Kinda getting the 'itch', too. .. Good on you, Jeff.

Get notified of new replies

To Interested in a new design headlight motor kit??

Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
fla-buckeye
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

Curious if this design has a left and right motor, and will there be a network of replacement parts, or are the motors of a design that they can be rebuilt, or are they a sealed unit, and not rebuildable? Hope this product makes it to production at a reasonable price.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:27 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by fla-buckeye
Curious if this design has a left and right motor, and will there be a network of replacement parts, or are the motors of a design that they can be rebuilt, or are they a sealed unit, and not rebuildable? Hope this product makes it to production at a reasonable price.
Yes, there is a right and left motor and they are indeed sealed motors. Replacement motors will be available through the vendor, but these things have proven to be very reliable in other applications. I am working with the vendor to keep the price for the complete kit in a targeted range and he has been very responsive to the request.

R/
Jeff
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM
ZYALTR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in.

Quick Reply: Interested in a new design headlight motor kit??