C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Barn Find......??? Unreal......

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 PM
0Bruce at Billet
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barn Find......??? Unreal......

I have never been so close to a barn find car before.....
This is an unreal story......., my electrician, a close friend of mine for 15 years, told me of his girlfriends niece lost her dad recently, he was there helping the family clear the area out in order to get into the garage,....She is the executor of his property.

Before he passed, as he had told her many times before, "when I pass on you will have the Corvette". Well, he is gone, and the family has spent many days just clearing the area in order to open the garage to get to the two cars he has in there. He was one of those people who could have been called a hoarder, looks like he never got rid of anything.... he has 5-6 cars there, but only 2-3 were inside as the others were just covered, and not really protected very well.....tons of parts and stuff as I have been told.

It has been in there, barricaded in the garage, untouched for 39 years! As I was told the daughter plans to get it running again.

Well, when my electrician told me this story and then showed me this pics, my Jaw Dropped!
This pic was taken on his cell phone as he was there to see the '63 as the door garage door opened for the first time since 1973. The car is 100% stock I believe, and it is a one owner car, as he bought it new back in the '63 at the dealership.

I have asked for more details on the car as my friend only knows that it is a original survivor and that it has an automatic transmission, that's all he took note of. Engine size, or any options on the car he did not know about.

Unbelievable really, what a prize.... I wish I could have been there when they opened the garage on Saturday...... I am still waiting to speak with her as I asked my friend to have her call me regarding this and any other cars and or parts she may want to sell. I want to see if I can get up there before she moves the car.

This is what it looked like when the door was opened for the fist time Saturday! 39 Years of dust.........
I blocked out the license plate number just because the car is not mine...

'63 Split Window Vette sees daylight for the first time in 39 years!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Gumpy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice find kind-of unheard of circumstances but i believe it....i like the pinstriping on the car!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Lt1Mike
Heel & Toe

Do you know what the other cars were that he had? Will anything be for sale?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,008 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

No big deal, they're a dime a dozen. There's another thread on here right now about a guy who found one identical to this one, same year, same color, and that thread is up to 26 posts or so!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:08 AM
jchez7
Instructor

Very cool. Good story!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Railroadman

No big deal, they're a dime a dozen. There's another thread on here right now about a guy who found one identical to this one, same year, same color, and that thread is up to 26 posts or so!
They made about 10,000 split window coupes in 1963.
There must be about 20,000 of them in existence today.

Either way, this is a great find.

Get notified of new replies

To Barn Find......??? Unreal......

Quick Reply: Barn Find......??? Unreal......