C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Paragon Web Site

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
a1avette
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Paragon Web Site

This is probably my fault, but I encountered an unforseen quirk with Paragon's web site. They have been great to do businss with and I have really liked their web site so far. Now to the problem. I had about $500 worth of stuff in my shopping cart, building it up over the past couple weeks. Lots of small stuff. I went out to the garage for a while to work on my '64 and returned to add a couple of $1.00 bolts.

I had left the computer on logged on to my account with shopping cart open and stuff still there when I left. Its nice how they let you leave stuff in it for a while and they don't delete it. I've left my cart going for weeks adding stuff as I see fit. When I came back in today it was still on Paragon's site, but apparently it had logged me out of my account. I didn't notice that I was logged out and shopped for my two bolts. Cart said 2 items, so I then realized I was logged out of my account because it should have had about 30 items. I logged back in while still on the site without exiting and found by doing so it lost all my other stuff. The only thing now showing in my cart was the two bolts I had in a cart before logging back in. Apparently it just blew my whole old cart away.

Like I said, my fault for not logging out and then back, but you would think it would have asked a question or something.

I'll rebuild my shopping cart again. Just thought I'd pass this quirk on to others so you don't make the same mistake I did. I'll always log completely out and log back in and hit continue shopping to order more stuff.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
darrahc
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The other alternative is to create a wish list which is what I do because I've had the same experience as you on other websites and it's always a PIA to go back and figure out what you had.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I can't speak with authority on Paragon's site, but often if a shopping cart goes empty it is because:
  • the cart was managed via cookies on your computer
  • the cookies expired or were cleared

Some sites clear their cookies when you log out.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 848 Likes on 584 Posts

Sounds like the site needs a "PRINT" button.

Or copy and past to WORD for reference.

just in case
Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack
Sounds like the site needs a "PRINT" button.:toetap
The site doesn't need one - the computer has one (actually, it has several).

Get notified of new replies

To Paragon Web Site

Quick Reply: Paragon Web Site