C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

OT - Alzheimer disease

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Received 1,244 Likes on 458 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year (stock)
C2 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Our 5K run / walk race is coming up, Oct 20 at Millenium Park in Danville, KY. Any of you runners who want to join in or anyone who would like to make a contribution to the fight agains Alzheimer's disease, your help and support would be very much appreciated. My daughter Krista has worked very hard to get this first race established and I am very proud and appreciative of her efforts. In my 40 year marriage to my wife, this is the worst and most devastating challenge we have encountered. I hope and pray that soon there will be a cure and prevention for one of the most terrible diseases known to man. Thank you for your support and God bless all of you.

http://www.aracetoremember.com/
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Your Wife

Rex I don't know you but I can feel your pain, my dad is going through the same thing. Be tough my friend we will say a prayer for you guys.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 PM
C2Driver
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr L-88
Our 5K run / walk race is coming up, Oct 20 at Millenium Park in Danville, KY. Any of you runners who want to join in or anyone who would like to make a contribution to the fight agains Alzheimer's disease, your help and support would be very much appreciated. My daughter Krista has worked very hard to get this first race established and I am very proud and appreciative of her efforts. In my 40 year marriage to my wife, this is the worst and most devastating challenge we have encountered. I hope and pray that soon there will be a cure and prevention for one of the most terrible diseases known to man. Thank you for your support and God bless all of you.

http://www.aracetoremember.com/
Krista has done a super job Rex. You have every right to be so proud of her. God bless you and your family.

- Pat
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Received 1,244 Likes on 458 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year (stock)
C2 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

My daughter Krista asked me to post this.........................

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We have worked hard on our first race but it has been worth every drop of effort. We are in the final stages and are developing t-shirts and preparing for the silent auction. Please pray the good Lord gives us nice weather for the runners and at least 200 runners

If you would like a shirt please email me at kdewolfe3@gmail.com. Include you size and where to mail it. I would be happy to get you taken care of and even more happy to have our shirts worn across the country. The cost would be $16.50 ($15.00 for the shirt + $1.50 shipping) with the proceeds going to the Alzheimer's Association. The front of the shirt will show "A Race to Remember". The color is purple for Alzheimer's and the quote on the back reads:

"I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they would give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them. I know they would do the same for me." - Anonymous

The sleeve will say: In honor of Linda V. Turner

Thanks for keeping up with us and remember, it's not about what we do for ourselves, it about what we do for others.

Krista

Quick Reply: OT - Alzheimer disease