C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Courtesy Light Switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
iluvhockey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Light Switch

I have a 63 vert. My driver side plunger for the courtesy light switch was sheered when I bought and was int he process to fixing it. I have the switch but the width threads on the switch is bigger than the orginal. Do I need to tap the hole to make it fit? The switch was bought from corvette america but came in a LIC bag.

Has anyone one else had this problem?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 PM
GreaseMonkey
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PA Events Coordinator

Mine were a tight fit when I put them in my '64. Doesn't help if you have big hands either...
Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 832 Likes on 576 Posts

Chase the threads on both....
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 PM
C2Driver
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iluvhockey
I have a 63 vert. My driver side plunger for the courtesy light switch was sheered when I bought and was int he process to fixing it. I have the switch but the width threads on the switch is bigger than the orginal. Do I need to tap the hole to make it fit? The switch was bought from corvette america but came in a LIC bag.

Has anyone one else had this problem?
Yes, I had the exact same problem. I ordered a switch for the driver side of my '63 from CC about 15 years ago. When it arrived, it was a larger diameter than mine. As I recall, I learned that there were 2 different diameters of switch for 1963, possibly early and late '63 models, or it may have been different switches for different years. In any event, I called CC & they sent me the smaller diameter switch which screwed right in.

- Pat
Old 05-31-2012, 03:09 AM
iluvhockey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat you are right. I guess i will need to order one from cc. Mine must be an early 63

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Light Switch

Quick Reply: Courtesy Light Switch