C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Delivery pics of my '67 (that I can't drive)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Boy that is going to make a REALLY beautiful planter, have you located a spot on your lawn?........just kidding....nice car mister.......
Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
67L88
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NIce looking car! Are you going to add a stall to your garage, or is one of your other cars destined to sit outside?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Beautiful car! Do not get discouraged. These cars all have issues, even those that are recent restorations. First thing I do when I buy one (even if it is "fresh") is take the wheels off, completely go through the brakes, replace any suspension parts that show signs of wear, and make sure everything is tightened/torqued properly. I bought my latest one in January (it has only a couple thousand miles on a 10 year old restoration) and still haven't driven it yet.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,584 Likes on 820 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by 67L88
NIce looking car! Are you going to add a stall to your garage, or is one of your other cars destined to sit outside?
Well, the Eclipse Turbo Spyder belongs to my wife. It's her pride and joy. She bought it new in 1998 and has only put 57,000 miles on it. I tell her it's a rice burner but she doesn't pay any attention to me. Since we only have room for 2 cars, she offered to sell it so I could get a Corvette. The only stipulation was that the Corvette be a convertible and a 4-speed and that she gets to drive it sometimes. Seemed fair to me.

-- Steve
Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM
denneys69
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Steve,
That is a sharp looking 67. Love the color combo. Several months I received my 67 from St. Louis. On the way to meet the trailer the former owner called me on my cell to tell me the front sway bar had come loose and was rattling. Did I want to wait for repair or put it on the trailer? I said to ship it on schedule. When It showed up I assesed the problem and ordered the needed parts from LICS. Then waited four days for UPS delivery. Gave me time to snoop around and start detailing to my standards. I spent a lot of time tightening everything I could lay my hands on. Since then I have been enjoying my new ride. You will be too. Hang in there. Maybe we'll meet one day at the Rt 46 Sunday morning cruise. If you never been ? its a great cruise.
Dennis
Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Rare and attractive color combination! Is the soft top also pale blue? I'd think about getting a hardtop and covering it in vinyl the exact shade of the seats. I know all the factory '67 vinyl hardtops were black, but you'd have the look of one of those customs created brand new for a GM exec or his wife!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by denneys69
Steve,
That is a sharp looking 67. Love the color combo. Several months I received my 67 from St. Louis. On the way to meet the trailer the former owner called me on my cell to tell me the front sway bar had come loose and was rattling. Did I want to wait for repair or put it on the trailer? I said to ship it on schedule. When It showed up I assesed the problem and ordered the needed parts from LICS. Then waited four days for UPS delivery. Gave me time to snoop around and start detailing to my standards. I spent a lot of time tightening everything I could lay my hands on. Since then I have been enjoying my new ride. You will be too. Hang in there. Maybe we'll meet one day at the Rt 46 Sunday morning cruise. If you never been ? its a great cruise.
Dennis
Thanks for the nice words Dennis. We're new to the area but from what I saw when Googling the Route 46 cruise, it looks like it's in Sanford which is only 25 miles away. So we hope to show up there one of these Sunday mornings.

Take care,
-- Steve
Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sub006
Rare and attractive color combination! Is the soft top also pale blue? I'd think about getting a hardtop and covering it in vinyl the exact shade of the seats. I know all the factory '67 vinyl hardtops were black, but you'd have the look of one of those customs created brand new for a GM exec or his wife!
Yes, the soft top matches the interior. According to the trim tag the ermine white exterior and teal blue interior were original colors. No way to know for sure about the original convertible top color, though. According to the Black Book, there were only 611 cars with teal blue tops built. It might be one of those but maybe not. I've got some owner history so I might check into that.

What I think is kind of neat (at least to me) is that the car was built on the last day of production in 1967.

Take care,
-- Steve
Old 05-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

Mt. Dora area is quite nice and also "vintage car" friendly. Runnagers a few miles away is an antique store/flea market with monthly car shows and swap meets and other events such as "Cars and Guitars". There is also an annual car show in downtown Mt. Dora where you can park on the main drag.

Let us know if you don't get the car rolling by the middle of the week. I'm about 25 minutes away but just slammed with consulting work right now or I'd hop over there...I might get a break later in the week but not for certain. Shifters aren't that tough a problem...usually an adjustment, bent shift rod, or (believe it or not) the rods are swapped or put on upside down (yes I've seen both).
Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 PM
denneys69
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Steve,
Forgot to mention the RT46 cruise is on the last Sunday of the month. 9:00AM to 1:00PM. Sign up for alerts at www.floridacoolcars.com. Did I notice you had air added? You'll enjoy that addition this summer.
Dennis
Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Mt. Dora area is quite nice and also "vintage car" friendly. Runnagers a few miles away is an antique store/flea market with monthly car shows and swap meets and other events such as "Cars and Guitars". There is also an annual car show in downtown Mt. Dora where you can park on the main drag.

Let us know if you don't get the car rolling by the middle of the week. I'm about 25 minutes away but just slammed with consulting work right now or I'd hop over there...I might get a break later in the week but not for certain. Shifters aren't that tough a problem...usually an adjustment, bent shift rod, or (believe it or not) the rods are swapped or put on upside down (yes I've seen both).
Thanks Frank. Hope to get the car going this morning.

I noticed there a number of car-related events in the area. Also motorcycles. When we were coming in to town last weekend we started seeing motorcycles everywhere. Thousands of them. Drove by the HD dealer and saw the parking lot was filled with bikes and vendor tents. Turns out it the annual Bike Fest was going on that weekend. Rennigers is just a mile or two down US 441 from us. Anxious to check out the Cars and Guitars event. Two items on my retirement bucket list are a Corvette and a Stratocaster. I have both now. Haven't driven the car yet and have yet to produce anything that resembles music on the guitar .

-- Steve
Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Dennis - Thanks for the link. I sigend up. Yes, I had Vintage Air added. Even though we've spent the past 7 years in Minnesota, we lived in Florida the previous 40 years before that move so we're well aware of summer in Florida. I won't own a car down here without A/C.

-- Steve

Quick Reply: Delivery pics of my '67 (that I can't drive)