C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Seperate cd player

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Hoggg
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Seperate cd player

Fellas,

Don't laugh, how do I connect a cd player seperate from any dash use. I want to run a power wire from the battery to a cd player and box speaker to the back of a 66. Sounds easy but I am ready to duck tape my head. I do need a step by step procedure.

Thanks,
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM
C6Matt
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoggg
Fellas,

Don't laugh, how do I connect a cd player seperate from any dash use. I want to run a power wire from the battery to a cd player and box speaker to the back of a 66. Sounds easy but I am ready to duck tape my head. I do need a step by step procedure.

Thanks,
You will need to tap in to an ignition signal wire (live when key is in run or acc.) or pick it up at the fuse box. Then you can run a constant "hot" from the battery, or in the fuse box. be sure to put a fuse in the wires, no need to have the hot tunes make the car "really" hot. Then you'll just need a ground (several locatons on the car availble) and run your speaker wires. If you want the am/fm to work you'll need to pull the antenna lead from the factory radio and route it to the new radios location. hope this helps!
Attached is a pic of a 65 fuse block. you can see the post labled "ACC" - run that to the switched power wire (yellow) on the radio. Below it is a "batt" post, run that to the constant on (red) wire on your radio... run a ground and it will power up.

Last edited by C6Matt; 02-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Seperate cd player