C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

red wheel paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM
elixirtoo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red wheel paint

Hi Guys. My newly acquired 62 which is red/red has red painted steel wheels with the standard spinner wheel covers which gives you a red border where the rim is exposed. It looks good to me but does anyone know if they came painted red or were they black? Ive seen them both ways. Thanks and happy holidays

Last edited by elixirtoo; 12-07-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by elixirtoo
Hi Guys. My newly acquired 62 which is red/red has red painted steel wheels with the standard spinner wheel covers which gives you a red border where the rim is exposed. It looks good to me but does anyone know if they came painted red or were they black? Ive seen them both ways. Thanks and happy holidays
Depends on the tires - with blackwalls, the standard wheels were body color; with whitewalls, they were black. Only the outer face of the wheel was painted with gloss wheel enamel; the rest of the wheel was black primer.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
elixirtoo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John for the info! Ive got white walls so I guess they should be black. Ill add it to the ever expanding list.

Get notified of new replies

To red wheel paint

Quick Reply: red wheel paint