C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Long Fuel Line Rear Stone Guard - 1960

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
3310vette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Long Fuel Line Rear Stone Guard - 1960

I removed the long fuel line, pump to tank, to polish it and noticed that the rear stone guard spring appears to be bunched up. It does not extend around the "U-shaped" section of the fuel line. It will not slide around the "U-shape" because the fuel line is flattened where the bend was made.

Where should the spring be located in this area?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by 3310vette
I removed the long fuel line, pump to tank, to polish it and noticed that the rear stone guard spring appears to be bunched up. It does not extend around the "U-shaped" section of the fuel line. It will not slide around the "U-shape" because the fuel line is flattened where the bend was made.

Where should the spring be located in this area?
Maybe somebody has a picture....I looked in my '61 AIM and it has to be one of the most illegible pages in the whole manual (Page 116)....I can't tell a thing about the spring...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 427 Likes on 317 Posts

Just replaced this line recently.
The spiral armor goes from the rear end of the fuel line around the leaf spring mount and stops at the fuel line mounting clip. Pilot Dan

Get notified of new replies

To Long Fuel Line Rear Stone Guard - 1960

Quick Reply: Long Fuel Line Rear Stone Guard - 1960